Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CS:GO basebuilder

Post New Thread Reply   

boomix
Old 08-22-2015 , 17:32   CS:GO basebuilder
Reply With Quote #1

Hello!

As first I'm saying that I'm sorry if I will have any grammar mistakes, as my first language is not English.

The thing is, I'm developing basebuilder mod for CS:GO. It is almost finished, but now I don't know what should I do with it - sell it or put it for free.
As I'm not working anywhere right now and I don't have any salary, it would be cool to get some money for selling the plugin, because it took me a quite a bit for the time to make this mod - maps, same plugin and so on, but in the same way I don't want to sell the plugin, I would better like to put it for free, and see this mod as one of the most popular mods in CS:GO.
If I would put it for free, I belive there would'nt be more than 10 donations or maybe it's just in my mind because in Latvia is kinda poor country and there are not too many people donating money or other stuff? :/

btw, here is little trailer about the mod - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFxdNWdigD4 .

Regards Sandis.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-22-2015 , 18:01   Re: CS:GO basebuilder
Reply With Quote #2

Give us an idea how much you wanted donated, and how much it is for private purchase (in USD).

If it's not too much, I'll just buy it from you so it can be released for everyone.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 08-22-2015 , 18:04   Re: CS:GO basebuilder
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomix View Post
As I'm not working anywhere right now and I don't have any salary, it would be cool to get some money for selling the plugin, because it took me a quite a bit for the time to make this mod
The AlliedModders developers doesn't get any "salary" for providing AMX Mod X or SourceMod either.

There is no salary for running AlliedModders either. And sometimes they may not even cover the costs that they have by running it - FOR YOU - FOR ALL OF US.

I don't see a single post from you in the Donor section, yet it still took quite a bit of time to create and run AlliedModders, and still takes quite a bit of time (and money) to run it. Is your "it took quite a bit, so i should get money" thought only when it comes to your self receiving the money? Or do you think the same when the money are transfered towards others?

Did you even donate a single cent to AlliedModders/SourceMod yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomix View Post
If I would put it for free, I belive there would'nt be more than 10 donations or maybe it's just in my mind because in Latvia is kinda poor country and there are not too many people donating money or other stuff? :/
In regards to putting it for free, there is also the statement - SHARING IS CARING.

That's the way how SourceMod and other things on AlliedModders was brought to you. People contributing to the community.

And what if it wasn't brought to you at all? What would you have done then?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-22-2015 , 21:05   Re: CS:GO basebuilder
Reply With Quote #4

just so you know twistedpanda updated his buildwar plugin so it works for csgo.....

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=172444

about the money part you should just get a job ;-) (you probably wouldn't have a problem getting one seeing you are so talented in coding)
the money is definitely more than just by selling plugins ;-) (unless you are still under age which prohibits you from getting a REAL paying job)
i'm no master coder or anything but writing plugins for my community have become a hobby
i don't care if my community will donate to me all i care is if my community gets what they want and thrives ;-) (and i couldn't do that if i didn't have a job to support it)

Last edited by 8guawong; 08-22-2015 at 21:13.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-22-2015 , 21:22   Re: CS:GO basebuilder
Reply With Quote #5

base builder and build wars have a similar building concept, but that's about where the similarities stop unfortunately. You can always release a half version for the public to wet people's tastes and they'll contact you eventually looking for the better version =D.
Old 08-22-2015 , 21:24   Re: CS:GO basebuilder
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
base builder and build wars have a similar building concept, but that's about where the similarities stop unfortunately. You can always release a half version for the public to wet people's tastes and they'll contact you eventually looking for the better version =D.
what is differnet?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-22-2015 , 21:33   Re: CS:GO basebuilder
Reply With Quote #7

As far memory serves, base builder has always had its roots in more zombie-style gameplay vs teams on even grounds. The assaulting team is usually only given a knife with augmented stats, the props are not stock models but rather custom ones that have more a building appeal (i.e. walls, floors, weird shapes). I can think of a few cases where base builder was simply used as a glorified bhop/challenge addon vs having teams compete as well. The original build wars idea by azone went the opposite route and put teams on even footing using models provided by the engine, allowing for a bit more creativity vs building something to survive the respawning waves of pointy objects. But that's based on the two or three private base builder mods that are being distributed that stuck to the Counter Strike roots, I suppose I can't lump in the OP's plugin as I haven't bothered to view the video xD.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 08-22-2015 at 21:34.