Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)

Post New Thread Reply   

Hallucinogenic Troll
Old 05-23-2016 , 11:08   [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone,

Since I saw someone saying that custom weapon models are allowed, if it's not a weapon that is in the VPK file's (Ex: Karambit Model) or the model contains a Valve's texture, more people are happy.

But this is a question that is making around my community (and others): how valve's detect if you are against their TOS?

I think they ban as waves, with the most reports being totally punished, instead of checking the files (since there's hundreds of servers with that).

If someone can clarify this question, I will be apreciated.

PS: Sorry for my english, I wrote this fast as I could.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-23-2016 , 12:41   Re: [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic Troll View Post
Hello everyone,

Since I saw someone saying that custom weapon models are allowed, if it's not a weapon that is in the VPK file's (Ex: Karambit Model) or the model contains a Valve's texture, more people are happy.

But this is a question that is making around my community (and others): how valve's detect if you are against their TOS?

I think they ban as waves, with the most reports being totally punished, instead of checking the files (since there's hundreds of servers with that).

If someone can clarify this question, I will be apreciated.

PS: Sorry for my english, I wrote this fast as I could.
That someone you're looking for, there is only one that can reply to your question.

Valve.

If you can't get anything out of them, you're apparently completely out of luck. They are very secretive and keeping stuff about this to them self, leaving literally no details to the community.

As long as the skin doesn't have anything at all to do with Valve's materials, you should be fine according to the information "gathered" so far, but there hasn't been any 100% conclusive / guaranteed confirmation to that, so if you are looking for anything 100% sure, ask Valve and hope that you have more luck.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2016 , 04:22   Re: [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #3

As far as I last interpreted.

You cant modify items that a player received via their inventory.

Inclusive of, changing a weapons model and or texture.

Meaning: No

However: arne1288 is right. Only Valve can clarify.
Old 05-24-2016 , 10:21   Re: [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #4

Remember when valve used to encourage the modding community?
Now i can even make cool weapon models and make them shoot lasers because they think they would confused players into actually thinking that was a weapon in my inventory.
Hallucinogenic Troll
Old 05-24-2016 , 22:46   Re: [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
they would confused players into actually thinking that was a weapon in my inventory.
Well, the "custom weapon models" can dodge that part, since it appear as "Knife" instead, for example "Karambit | Fade".

But I completely understand what you mean, I made my choice to not add this feature.

Thanks for your feedback.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2016 , 01:06   Re: [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #6

Valve should add weapon_custom
Old 05-25-2016 , 08:53   Re: [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Valve should add weapon_custom
There is some entities likes weapon_cs_basegun, but last time I've tried it didn't work.

When you give an AK to CT team, it doesn't have skin. So it might be safer to set a custom model on AK on the CT side. (And M4 to T side.)... But well, I don't want to try that and steam support doesn't answer this question. I understand this could be taken as a way to circumvent the rules, so a "weapon_custom" entity would be perfect.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2016 , 10:53   Re: [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #8

I would predict issues with weapon scripts.

As when a `weapon_*` entity is spawned, corresponding weapon scripts are executed from `scripts\weapon_*.txt` along with chunks from `scripts\items\items_game.txt`

So maybe:

CreateEntity("weapon_custom_<myweaponname>"); could `execute scripts\weapon_custom_<myweaponname>.txt` and any chunks in `scripts\items\items_game.txt`.

This means you could get all of your own custom attributes for your custom weapons by copy pasting other weapon scripts and doing edits.

Edit: This "might" be possible in sm if you can translate all the weapon script entries into netprops

Last edited by Neuro Toxin; 05-25-2016 at 10:55.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 05-25-2016 , 12:40   Re: [Question/CS:GO] GSLT Bans (Custom Weapon Models)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
I would predict issues with weapon scripts.

As when a `weapon_*` entity is spawned, corresponding weapon scripts are executed from `scripts\weapon_*.txt` along with chunks from `scripts\items\items_game.txt`

So maybe:

CreateEntity("weapon_custom_<myweaponname>"); could `execute scripts\weapon_custom_<myweaponname>.txt` and any chunks in `scripts\items\items_game.txt`.

This means you could get all of your own custom attributes for your custom weapons by copy pasting other weapon scripts and doing edits.

Edit: This "might" be possible in sm if you can translate all the weapon script entries into netprops
The client would also need those scripts.