Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Optimizing Server fps

Post New Thread Reply   

Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2015 , 07:16   Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #1

the fps within steamCMD goes by ur grapich card right?

on my cpu usage its just around 13% on 64 slot server and with 64 bots wearing a custom skin and 64 bots without wearing a custom skin the lagg and fps drops to the same amount so i dont see custom skin making it lagg more than usual.

but can i optimize all this by upgrading the grapich card i use? i find nowhere in google about how to optimize the server. and since the server doesn't use more than 13% of my cpu when i have sourcemod disabled aswell.

so does it take usage of my grapich card properly? if so this would be of great help!
multiple servers with 32 slots is easy but one with 64 slot apparently says no to me :/

and the % usage for steamCMD starts at like 2% and when i hit 64 player first minutes it goes to 5% and keeps rizing up to 10-13%. mao

well right now il test to add a grapich card with the same server and see if its equal or not. if not then its confirmed well it optimized it a tiny bit.

guess it might just be the ram? maybe il just put my cpu to 4.5 ghz and see if that changes anything.

Last edited by Robin955; 03-30-2015 at 07:29.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2015 , 16:37   Re: Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #3

Lol! Graphic cards has nothing todo with a server.

Just because your cpu usage reports 13% it doesn't mean cpu is not your problem. Your main server thread runs on 1/2 cores. If you use windows and open task manager. You will prob see one core maxing out.

If you have 8 cores and your game server is assigned to one. Max core usage is equal to 12.5% of the total cpu usage.

Bots are also cpu intensive. Max cpu with all bots doesn't mean the cpu will max out when when all player slots are taken by real players.

Last edited by Neuro Toxin; 03-30-2015 at 16:39.
Amroth
Old 03-30-2015 , 16:56   Re: Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post

Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2015 , 17:05   Re: Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #5

fuck off asherkin. whats ur pic annyway, another cat?
annyway you dont see many people who sells dedicated that tells their grapich side of it so its pretty obvious. just needed to know what it was.

yeah i figured u would say that but then i guess its mainly cpu/ram wich i mentioned.
and it runs only on 1 core u say. that makes it more interesting.

and just for the record i just did a test off with with AI suite 2 from asus. and all my cores are around 50 precent except 1-2 cores staying at 1-3% ish and this is when running 1 server with 60 bots in it.
does hyperthreading make it 2 per cpu or does it exclude that? 2 on 25-30% and one on 1-4% and rest 50-60%
doesn't really feel like much of this goes on one core and none of them goes close to 100, highest around 70-75% and then server is already lagging a bit. if i spawn stuff that does not make fps go down the cpu usage goes up. but correcting the cpu usage from 63 bots at once is something it cant correct apparently.

dont click this unless ur a troll
Spoiler

Last edited by Robin955; 03-30-2015 at 17:16.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2015 , 02:11   Re: Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #6

If you don't set processor affinity, work loads are distributed across more cores.

Hyper threading generally means. 4 cpu cores would equal 8 virtual cores. 2 virtual cores per physical core.

This also means that cores 0-3 are physical cores while cores 4-7 are virtual cores.

Virtual cores 0 and 4 refer to the same physical core. Just like 1 and 5 and so forth.

I set affinities like.

Server 1. 0 and 4
Server 2. 1 and 5
Server 3. 2 and 6
Server 4. 3 and 7

I'm no expert. So if I'm wrong please correct me.
Old 03-31-2015 , 11:26   Re: Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #7

did you install directx12 for your srcds.exe properly?
Tetl
Old 03-31-2015 , 14:46   Re: Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin955 View Post
fuck off asherkin. whats ur pic annyway, another cat?
annyway you dont see many people who sells dedicated that tells their grapich side of it so its pretty obvious. just needed to know what it was.

dont click this unless ur a troll
Spoiler
I'm on to you
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2015 , 22:44   Re: Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
did you install directx12 for your srcds.exe properly?
Lol.
Old 04-01-2015 , 02:14   Re: Optimizing Server fps
Reply With Quote #10

cant wait to try that on windows 10 mitchell.

the grapich boosts on amd's APU side is insane already up to 2.5x performance on some games revealed so far.

and this
Spoiler

its very logical yes since the regular cores stops at 3 and that 4th would be the first core as 0 is the first one.
not really sure if its that simple but the logic is there.