Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Dota 2 Dedicated Servers

Post New Thread Reply   

NoDoze
Old 02-16-2015 , 04:37   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #251

[D2Fixups] Warning: Failed to setup Test Client shutdown patch.
Unknown command "mat_bloom_scalefactor_scalar"
Unknown command "mat_grain_enable"
Unknown command "dota_camera_listening_offset"
---- Host_NewGame ----
Host_NewGame on map dota
Executing dedicated server config file
S:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_INIT'
Model props_gameplay/antler_trap_01.mdl over budget: 8640 tris, 1 batches
Model props_gameplay/antler_trap_02.mdl over budget: 8640 tris, 1 batches
Model props_gameplay/pig_sfm_low.mdl over budget: 5911 tris, 1 batches
Opened server(27015) (threaded)
* Unable to load Steam support library. *
* This server will operate in LAN mode only. *
NoDoze
Old 02-16-2015 , 04:51   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #252

I went to an older version of metamod:
mmsource-1.10.0-hg860-windows

Now I get only this in the log, then the console closes.

[D2Fixups] Warning: Failed to setup Test Client shutdown patch.
Unknown command "mat_bloom_scalefactor_scalar"
Unknown command "mat_grain_enable"
Unknown command "dota_camera_listening_offset"
mattlok
Old 02-16-2015 , 22:13   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #253

hey sorry for being a newbie,

I am trying to setup my own dedicated DOTA2 server here at home to run as a LAN server.

Before I start with my issue. I am already running 2 windows 2008 r2 servers (the most compatible Windows Server OS for steam source) --- one with Team Fortress 2 Mann vs Machine as a LAN server and the second with Left 4 dead 2 LAN server. Both of these are using the SteamCMD and are running in console mode (dedicated). (I will also add they are both running in Hyper-V without issues - using windows server 2012 r2 as host Virtualization) - Both of these Steam Servers are running perfectly for my family to play at home.

So I started on page 1 of this forum to install the DOTA 2 via SteamCMD (which is similar to TF2 and L4D2 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=276173458)

On my third server to run DOTA 2 (following the instructions on page 1), when I run the windows command line to start the DOTA 2 server, it seems to run, then it loads up a bunch of commands and then it disappears as if to terminate the program. It goes by so fast I can't even see what the error is.

I know someone else on this post said the exact same thing for his windows setup as well, but I did not see anyone reply to his exact issues.

I do have the latest addon for the metamod but the d2fixups I had to grab from this source - http://blog-noxasch.blogspot.ca/2014...ified-way.html - because the latest version on github does not have the compiled .dll and I am not sure how to do that.

Also, I saw someone adding Frota addon to DOTA2 which would be awesome.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am not too familiar with the DOTA2 setups and tricks.

Last edited by mattlok; 02-16-2015 at 22:32.
Tetl
Old 02-18-2015 , 20:30   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #254

mattlok:

add "-condebug +meta list" to your command line. After running your server, link us the resulting "/dota 2 beta/dota/console.log" through pastebin.

Up-to-date d2fixups can be found in the official d2fixups thread, which you posted. It's attached to the original post.

As for playing Frota, once you get your server running, check out the instructions on Frota's github, and if you have trouble with those, you can tell us, but I am not even sure if Frota is up to date.
d2fan
Old 02-19-2015 , 07:22   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #255

After today's update, dota 2 client is rejecting the command 'jointeam' giving error : unknown command. It means jointeam command is not recognized by dota 2 client anymore. The server is working properly but players can't join any team.
Is there any way to join team on dota 2 server without using the command 'jointeam'??

While playing online, players are assigned teams automatically. How does that work? by setting wait_timeout = 0? I will check that out but if in meantime someone can suggest a better solution (or just anything that works), your help will be appreciated.

Last edited by d2fan; 02-19-2015 at 07:24.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 02-19-2015 , 07:43   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoze View Post
* Unable to load Steam support library. *
* This server will operate in LAN mode only. *
This is a Windows server, so Steam is installed!
If that error is occurring with Steam installed on the server, your installed version of Steam is outdated. Launch it and let it update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2fan View Post
Is there any way to join team on dota 2 server without using the command 'jointeam'??
Without plugins? Not that I'm aware of. You can however easily reimplement the command with a simple SourceMod plugin if you want it.
Code:
public OnPluginStart() {     RegConsoleCmd("jointeam", jointeam); } public Action:jointeam(client, argc) {     if (argc >= 1 && client != 0 && IsClientInGame(client))     {         new String:arg[2];         GetCmdArg(1, arg, sizeof(arg));         new team = StringToInt(arg);         if (team > 0 && team < 3)         {             ChangeClientTeam(client, team);         }     }     return Plugin_Handled; }

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2fan View Post
While playing online, players are assigned teams automatically. How does that work?
That information comes from the Dota lobby from which they connected. (Even matchmaking uses lobbies in the background). Custom servers do not have lobbies, but you can reimplement similar logic with a plugin. If you know who is expected to join the game and the teams that they should be on, you can marshal the players to the correct team when they connect.
d2fan
Old 02-19-2015 , 07:57   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #257

Thank you for your reply.

How are these plugins implemented? Could you please be a little descriptive as I am a complete noob.
With plugins or without, I just want to have players able to join teams.

Apart from this I would like to know how to, if it is possible, assign only the players I want to allow on server to teams ,just like in a lobby. (Other than setting server password.)

Last edited by d2fan; 02-19-2015 at 10:50.
DavidBlaine
Old 02-19-2015 , 09:52   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #258

lol Last update:

Unknown command: jointeam

Who thinks that?

Last edited by DavidBlaine; 02-19-2015 at 10:24.
stringbaba
Old 02-19-2015 , 10:02   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #259

steam dll's out of date. You must update
d2fan
Old 02-19-2015 , 11:06   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
If that error is occurring with Steam installed on the server, your installed version of Steam is outdated. Launch it and let it update.

Without plugins? Not that I'm aware of. You can however easily reimplement the command with a simple SourceMod plugin if you want it.
Code:
public OnPluginStart() {     RegConsoleCmd("jointeam", jointeam); } public Action:jointeam(client, argc) {     if (argc >= 1 && client != 0 && IsClientInGame(client))     {         new String:arg[2];         GetCmdArg(1, arg, sizeof(arg));         new team = StringToInt(arg);         if (team > 0 && team < 3)         {             ChangeClientTeam(client, team);         }     }     return Plugin_Handled; }

That information comes from the Dota lobby from which they connected. (Even matchmaking uses lobbies in the background). Custom servers do not have lobbies, but you can reimplement similar logic with a plugin. If you know who is expected to join the game and the teams that they should be on, you can marshal the players to the correct team when they connect.

I wrote the above plugin and compiled it; it was loaded successfully however it doesn't do anything. When I type jointeam good/bad, it no longer shows the error unknown command but it doesn't do anything either.