General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: GO
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    No source code, upload source and use the Report Post button for a new review.
    Old 08-14-2017 , 08:33   [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

The new system is out:
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=307130
    Discord: Noy#9999
    Taking Private Requests

Last edited by asherkin; 10-25-2018 at 17:09. Reason: Restore to previous version.
    BraveFox
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-14-2017 , 08:34   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

Realsed!
    Taking Private Requests
    MiniMoof
    Old 08-14-2017 , 15:07   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

Hello, i am having a few issues with this plugin, it appears to of installed correctly and when i use "sm_addvip" it's adds my steam id and time to the sql database but nothing else happens in game, i cannot use the "!vip" features?
    RumbleFrog
    Great Tester of Whatever
    Old 08-14-2017 , 15:18   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

Awesome release!
    michaelrw
    Old 08-14-2017 , 17:02   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

Omg this looks EXACTLY what I've been looking for! For the past 2 days I've been messing with CCC (CSGO version) and Simple Chat Processor Redux (had to compile myself bc link for compiled plugin is dead) and haven't been able to get it working. I thought it was some conflict between those plugins and ckSurf. This is for a new Bhop server on CSGO

All I want is to be able to give my mods, admins and donators their appropriate tags (I don't even care if the tags have to be set independent of admin flags/groups). It would be nice if these tags also display properly without overwriting the rank tags that users are assigned by the ckSurf points system (i.e. Godlike, Pro, Newb)

I will install this as soon as I get home. Fingers crossed

EDIT: if this works for what I want, I'll make a donation to the developer/group

Last edited by michaelrw; 08-14-2017 at 17:04.
    michaelrw
    Old 08-14-2017 , 19:02   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

"Create a database entry named "vipsystem""

does this mean create a new table within our database? I have a database with a bunch of tables in it already that save information for the ckSurf plugin...

does this mean to make a new table within this database, and call it vipsystem? I wasnt able to create a new table without defining a variable column, so I made one column just so it would allow me to make the table. not sure if this is correct. any help is appreciated (sorry im new to sql)
    DarkDeviL
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 08-14-2017 , 19:12   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

Quote:
    Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    "Create a database entry named "vipsystem""

does this mean create a new table within our database? I have a database with a bunch of tables in it already that save information for the ckSurf plugin...

does this mean to make a new table within this database, and call it vipsystem? I wasnt able to create a new table without defining a variable column, so I made one column just so it would allow me to make the table. not sure if this is correct. any help is appreciated (sorry im new to sql)
    A new and completely different database is what is being suggested.

What you are asking for is if it uses different tables, and well, that depends with overlapping tables from other plugins.

This one reads and saves directly to the table called "users", so if you have one in your database that is currently named "users", you cannot use the exact same database without modifying one of the two things.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
    For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
    michaelrw
    Old 08-14-2017 , 20:04   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

well it appears my server service is only allowing me to have one database. When i try to make a new database (using the TCAdmin control panel > MySQL Setup/Info), it does nothing and just returns with the information of the existing database. I also tried to make a new database from inside phpMyAdmin, and I get "#1044 - Access denied for user 'mcdb_8107'@'localhost' to database 'vipsystem' "

So, I dont know what to do. I went into the source and changed the name 'vipsystem' to the name of my existing database, compiled the plugin (spcomp), and tried again. However I still get:

PHP Code:
    [SMException reportedCould not connect to databaseerrorConfiguration "vipsystem" not found
    [SMBlamingcsgovip.smx
    [SMCall stack trace:
    [
    SM]   [0SetFailState
    [SM]   [1Line 483E:\My plugins\csgovip.sp::SQL_ConnectDatabase
    [SM]   [2Line 29E:\My plugins\csgovip.sp::OnPluginStart 
    michaelrw
    Old 08-15-2017 , 03:03   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiniMoof View Post
    Hello, i am having a few issues with this plugin, it appears to of installed correctly and when i use "sm_addvip" it's adds my steam id and time to the sql database but nothing else happens in game, i cannot use the "!vip" features?
    Im adding users in-game, using "sm_addvip username 1" and im seeing the message "username was added to a VIP for 1 day" and then when I issue any of the commands like sm_tagcolor, i get "This command is for VIP only"

My db entry
    PHP Code:
        "vipsystem"

{

"driver"            "sqlite"
            "database"            "vipsystem"
            "user"                "root"

and i see the sqlite db and the data is being stored in it properly (steamid, time)

I tried setting up with a remote mysql server and had a ton of problems connecting
    BraveFox
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-15-2017 , 07:20   Re: [CSGO]VIP System - On database, with features

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RumbleFrog View Post
    Awesome release!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    Omg this looks EXACTLY what I've been looking for! For the past 2 days I've been messing with CCC (CSGO version) and Simple Chat Processor Redux (had to compile myself bc link for compiled plugin is dead) and haven't been able to get it working. I thought it was some conflict between those plugins and ckSurf. This is for a new Bhop server on CSGO

All I want is to be able to give my mods, admins and donators their appropriate tags (I don't even care if the tags have to be set independent of admin flags/groups). It would be nice if these tags also display properly without overwriting the rank tags that users are assigned by the ckSurf points system (i.e. Godlike, Pro, Newb)

I will install this as soon as I get home. Fingers crossed

EDIT: if this works for what I want, I'll make a donation to the developer/group
    Ty
    Taking Private Requests
    Closed Thread