Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Doing Steam IDs

Post New Thread Reply   

Sandman_1
Old 12-17-2008 , 23:48   Doing Steam IDs
Reply With Quote #1

I want to make mock Steam IDs for a free online Source based game that is Steam independent. The game is called Kuma War Vietnam/WW2 and is made by Kuma Games. The problem with it is that since there are no Steam IDs and everyone is just set to PENDING, most of the plugins written for Source based games won't work properly or not at all. I think the major problem is the IDs which alot of them look for. I would like to stop the cheaters/hackers on that game since Kuma Games seems unwilling to do anything in this regard for whatever reason.

I have done a little research and found that the IDs are 64 bit strucs with 3 fields which determine type of account.

Now could I do this with through scripts with Sourcemod? Anyone have an idea to get me started? A point in the right direction?

I was thinking something along the lines of creating a steam id function that generates a number per ip address, checks it vs a file that stores the IDs already created to prevent duplication, and then stores that number to that ip address. Once I got that, then I could pass that info to other functions or so I would think.