Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SM plugin that strips all but knife from one specific bot?

Post New Thread Reply   

PharaohsPaw
Old 12-16-2008 , 18:10   SM plugin that strips all but knife from one specific bot?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some searching around already and haven't really found anything quite like this. I get the feeling it may be a bit exotic and may be something I need to try to write myself (eek!).

I have this crazy idea about having a specialty bot that ONLY uses his knife, and it being one specific bot from my botprofile.db file with a cute name suggestive of his knifing specialty.

I tried creating a new weapon template in botprofile.db that only lists knife as a WeaponPreference, picked an existing skill profile, and created a new bot using the Knife weapon template and existing skill template. However he uses the weapons he is given by CS:S DM instead of his knife.

(I'm not sure CS:S DM gives the bots knives though... maybe I should investigate that).

Anyway, has anybody heard of anything like this out there already, or should I plan on it needing to code it? I'm guessing that either CS:S DM would need to know to only give a knife to a certain bot and no other weapons, or that there would need to be something (ie, sourcemod plugin script) that strips everything BUT the knife from this one particular bot.

Imagine having this one bot running around on your server that just runs around trying to knife people. LOL With a name like SteveThePirate or something, heh.

I saw some kind of Eventscripts script that stripped weapons from bots which I thought might be useful as an example to work on coding a script from, but as I don't really need Eventscripts for any other reason I'd prefer to not use it.

Thanks for any feedback. If something doesn't already exist to do something like this, I may try to tackle coding it.

PharaohsPaw
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2008 , 18:57   Re: SM plugin that strips all but knife from one specific bot?
Reply With Quote #2

So you just want to spawn a bot, give him a custom name, and strip all of his weapons except for the knife? Probably one of the easiest plugins you could write. You could use ServerCommand() to create the bot. I forgot the syntax to change names in CSS but thats easy as well, you can just search these forums for that. I have seen it numerous places. (I think its just name "bob" or something right?) and then just strip the weapons they have.

Im not sure how CSS DM works, but if theres weapons laying around that the bot can pickup, you might want to look for a game event like weapon_pickedup or something to hook, so you can remove it as soon as its picked up.
Old 12-19-2008 , 00:49   Re: SM plugin that strips all but knife from one specific bot?
Reply With Quote #3

Hi CrimsonGT,

Yep that's pretty much the idea. And you're probably right about needing to watch him to make sure he doesn't get (to keep) any weapons laying around.

I'll think about this a bit and do some reading, maybe I can figure it out. It would be a pretty funny feature for our servers.

Thanks
PharaohsPaw