Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

BeNq!
Old 10-25-2016 , 15:08   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #361

Help me, please: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=289561
gravi123
Old 10-25-2016 , 16:34   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #362

I have the plugin on 2 servers.

On 1 there are around 10 maps and there is no lag before vote countdown starts or anything

On second i have around 900 maps in vote file and it lags every time before vote countdown starts. I have split the maps in 4 groups of 230 maps and lag reduced a bit (from what I've seen) but it still effects gameplay.

Hope that helps

Last edited by gravi123; 10-25-2016 at 16:35.
gladius
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2016 , 17:02   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #363

Lag issue can be fixed if you read map file at map start and save all maps into a dynamic array. Then when votemap comes you only need to read this array which is most efficient on a middle of a round.

Send a message via MSN to gladius Send a message via Skype™ to gladius
feruchio
Old 10-25-2016 , 18:00   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
This is a feature for:
  1. The Night DM https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=265763, or
  2. A new plugin request.

but not for a map chooser. What a mapchooser does is a miminal control for map ending related to voting.
Okay thanks though!

Last edited by feruchio; 10-25-2016 at 18:02.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2016 , 18:10   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravi123 View Post
I have the plugin on 2 servers.

On 1 there are around 10 maps and there is no lag before vote countdown starts or anything

On second i have around 900 maps in vote file and it lags every time before vote countdown starts. I have split the maps in 4 groups of 230 maps and lag reduced a bit (from what I've seen) but it still effects gameplay.

Hope that helps
The lagging should happens when loading maps if you got the debug enabled and printing to the server console or with some very restrict configuration. May you PM your output from the `amxx cvars` command only within the columns from the Galileo plugin and run it on debug mode until you get one vote start and send the `_galileo.log` file? You may get more instructions on the Support section.

Update:
Opened an issue for tracking it on: https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/issues/19

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-25-2016 at 18:31. Reason: Update
BeNq!
Old 10-26-2016 , 10:12   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNq! View Post
Ok. I can't help you addons_z with galileo.

Grettings
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2016 , 13:02   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNq! View Post
Ok. I can't help you addons_z with galileo.
I am not asking to your write code, I asking to just copy and paste something from your server. Then if you cannot neither do just such a simple thing, it will be broken for ever or until you fix by yourself, or until someday I/or someone else notice your problem on my/theirs server and copy and paste what I am asking.
If you cannot help me figure out what is wrong with the plugin, it is definitely not my problem, but it is all your problem as, you will need to use it bugged or not use at all. Which is not relevant, you should use whatever work better for your server, if you can find such. At least on my server it is working fine and I do not see anything wrong with it. But if you are finding and fixing bugs and not releasing/sharing it, this is not good from you to the others at all. Would you like I never shared the source code? That depends, if you got something which works much better for your server, then this plugin is pretty much irrelevant to you and you would not care whether I shared my coding or not.
Basically, I am assuming anyone which posts problems here and do not provide the requested information as trollers. Because:
  1. I am not a magician or psychic to guess your server environment or how the plugin is behaving if you do not provide it.
  2. Until now I was able to fix everything reported by users which collaborate.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-26-2016 at 13:08.
kiarfuzzy
Old 10-26-2016 , 15:29   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #368

I posted a few days ago that it lags when the vote starts, haven't posted debug log because it doesn't happen anymore. Only thing i did is disable recent maps ban, and turn of 2 other plugins. Not sure the ban option caused it, gonna enable it again tomorrow and see what happens.

Also, not sure if you read this too:
A few times it happened that the time reached 0:00 and the map wasn't changed, had to do it manually.

And a last small issue, if two maps get the same amount of votes the runoff vote occurs, but if no one votes the second time, the plugin will load the default nextmap, instead of randomly choosing a map from the runoff vote.
Or if only 1 player votes on the runoff vote, galileo says something like "Nobody voted" and again loads the default nextmap.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2016 , 16:52   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #369

What are your galileo cvars given by `amxx cvars`?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiarfuzzy View Post
gonna enable it again tomorrow and see what happens.
I think it will happen again. I think the current recent ban algorithm is to heavy to run, when there are too much banned maps, as the last 700 from 720 on total. This could be solved re-writing the recent bans banning algorithm.

Quote:
Also, not sure if you read this too:
A few times it happened that the time reached 0:00 and the map wasn't changed, had to do it manually.
Is this related to this cvar?
Code:
// Indicates when a map should end when time runs out. // 0 - end immediately when time runs out // 1 - when time runs out, end at the current round end // 2 - when time runs out, end at the next round end gal_endonround 2
If it is not, run on debug mode until this issue happens then send the `_galileo.log` file.
For this problem I put a fail safe when I change the time limit to 0. After 7 or 9 minutes the plugin will change it back if there are some error. Unless there is also an error on this fail safe.

Quote:
And a last small issue, if two maps get the same amount of votes the runoff vote occurs, but if no one votes the second time, the plugin will load the default nextmap, instead of randomly choosing a map from the runoff vote.
This setting should control this behavior:
Code:
// Choose how to follow the map-cycle, when anyone vote for next map, i.e., // no votes on any map on the voting list, but there are players playing. // 0 - choose a random map from the current voting map list, as next map. // 1 - follow your current map-cycle order. amx_extendmap_allow_order 1

Quote:
Or if only 1 player votes on the runoff vote, galileo says something like "Nobody voted" and again loads the default nextmap.
This I need to investigate, basically create a Unit Test for it and it will fail if it is broken, then I fix it.
For this issue there is some options for you now:
  1. If you run galileo on debug and send me the `_galileo.log` file after the issue happens, there is a possibility where I may fix it on this weekend. If bad luck, than only on December.
  2. Just wait until December.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-26-2016 at 16:59. Reason: misspelling
kiarfuzzy
Old 10-27-2016 , 04:38   Re: Galileo v3.2.3-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.09.30
Reply With Quote #370

I enabled ban maps, still doesn't lag, I guess it will take a while until more maps are played and banned

I can only use gal_endonround 0, because is an kz server with 1500 maps

For the rest of the issues i enabled debug, will post more when they occur again.