Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-07-2009 , 00:31   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
Heylo Bugsy,

This plugin has been wonderful! I've got many hackers on my server with it, rather impressive.

However, since I updated from 0.9 to 1.0 and now 1.1 the plugin is no longer working. I have tried to compile it myself, the plugin runs just fine, you can use the command amx_aimwatch player 1 or amx_aimautowatch and all the cvars. The watch is done alright however it's not watching automatically for players, there was players with 30/2, 26/0 and nothing happened, they kept headshotting and I've never got anything on my log since 0.9.

What might be wrong with this? Unfortunately I didn't keep a backup of the 0.9.

I'm running the lastest AMXX and Hlds with many custom plugins.

Thank you
If you read the v1.0 changelog, you will see that the auto-watch monitoring was changed so it requires more than 1 round of 'aimbot-level' statistics for an auto-watch to be applied. I am trying to make the plugin as accurate as possible and focusing on it being more lenient than strict. The last thing I want it to do is detect legitimate players. I did find a bug recently that was causing the plugin to not detect players when they shoot the bot. I noticed this last weekend but I have no idea how long it has been occurring or if it has even been occurring on other peoples servers. People have been reporting no\less detections so this may have been the cause. There is a demo of this bug in the previous page of the thread if you want to see what I'm talking about. I have fixed this and it is running very good now using a fakemeta method of detecting bot hitzones. I will have this new version posted this weekend.
Old 02-07-2009 , 01:18   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #442

Yes, I hear you! "Innocent" players have been caught before in 0.9 but I would usually ban with many detections and has always been working great. I'm playing around with the sma file, from how often I would get my log filled up compared to now it has changed drastically yet I still see many players using aimbot, of course, not all the methods are possible to get caught.

The way I have used to judge if the player is a cheater or not is how often they appear in the log.

Unfortunately my server is often being the spot of cheaters, my aimbotdetections.log is 196KB big from about two months which caused a huge list of banned IDs

Thanks Bugsy! You've been doing a great job

Last edited by nitz; 02-07-2009 at 01:22.
flintridge
Old 02-07-2009 , 07:56   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
If you read the v1.0 changelog, you will see that the auto-watch monitoring was changed so it requires more than 1 round of 'aimbot-level' statistics for an auto-watch to be applied. I am trying to make the plugin as accurate as possible and focusing on it being more lenient than strict. The last thing I want it to do is detect legitimate players. I did find a bug recently that was causing the plugin to not detect players when they shoot the bot. I noticed this last weekend but I have no idea how long it has been occurring or if it has even been occurring on other peoples servers. People have been reporting no\less detections so this may have been the cause. There is a demo of this bug in the previous page of the thread if you want to see what I'm talking about. I have fixed this and it is running very good now using a fakemeta method of detecting bot hitzones. I will have this new version posted this weekend.
I had caught the most with .9 than any other version, i noticed the same thing about aimwatch, i just assumed it was some improvement. Before it would watch all the time. When i got someone that was blatant though i would set it to watch them. And with 1.1 was getting not catches, which is why i was mentioned the other additions to detection methods.

I am looking forward to 1.2! will install is asap once it is out.
Old 02-07-2009 , 07:59   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #444

I just noticed something for the first time from the first post.

I get no errors, but i do not have the Module

Fakemeta_Util

I have only

Fakemeta were do i get Fakemeta_Util?

Last edited by flintridge; 02-07-2009 at 13:09.
DarkGod
SourceMod DarkCrab
Old 02-07-2009 , 08:07   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #445

Here.
Old 02-07-2009 , 08:15   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGod View Post
Is this something that did not come with amxmodx 1.8.1?
Old 02-07-2009 , 09:20   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #447

I have made it slightly more sensitive and already caught 2 hackers!

Just decreased some of the ratios, checked the hltv playback and yes it was a cheater (Aim jumping around the screen, shoting through walls), guess it's working now
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2009 , 10:37   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintridge View Post
Is this something that did not come with amxmodx 1.8.1?
fakemeta.inc, fakemeta_const.inc, fakemeta_stocks.inc and fakemeta_util.inc come with AMXX source code and should be in /scripting/include. you need them for compiling but not for running, they all compile into one single module file and you only need this (fakemeta_amxx.dll/fakemeta_amxx_i386.so or something similar, there are also amd64 versions...).

Last edited by xOR; 02-07-2009 at 10:40.
flintridge
Old 02-07-2009 , 11:56   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
fakemeta.inc, fakemeta_const.inc, fakemeta_stocks.inc and fakemeta_util.inc come with AMXX source code and should be in /scripting/include. you need them for compiling but not for running, they all compile into one single module file and you only need this (fakemeta_amxx.dll/fakemeta_amxx_i386.so or something similar, there are also amd64 versions...).

Quote:
Required Modules
Fakemeta
Fakemeta_Util
Hamsandwich
CSX
So i do not need to actually list Fakemeta_Util in my modules.ini file?
Old 02-07-2009 , 11:57   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
I have made it slightly more sensitive and already caught 2 hackers!

Just decreased some of the ratios, checked the hltv playback and yes it was a cheater (Aim jumping around the screen, shoting through walls), guess it's working now

Can you pm me or write your settings you changed here?