AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-27-2009 , 10:57   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Owyn. View Post
does AW_MAXWATCHES reset on mapchange? so i don't worry som1 passed few tests and then turned on cheats
Yes it does. I will likely make everything stick between connections\map changes in future versions.
Old 01-27-2009 , 12:14   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I want to eventually have a config menu similar to amxmodx's main config menu. I don't like the idea of plain cvars for configuration.
I would love a menu !

I have caught three more hackers with this new version and very happy right now. ^^ Great Work!
Old 01-28-2009 , 08:04   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #393

only bad thing it doesn't help against hackers who just do single aimed shoot )=
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2009 , 12:43   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #394

i don't think many people do. even aimbots aren't perfect, there are lags and lost packets, so even with aimbot not every shot is a hit guarantee. in the end most aimbotters start to click several times or even spray.
Old 01-29-2009 , 15:13   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #395

I wouldn't like any menus at all. Like e-mail, it would be bloatware.
Aimwatch command can be easily added to client commands menu. And amx_aimstatus is more than enough to take a look at current players.
An intermap feature would be great as long as it wouldn't use sql stuff.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-30-2009 , 01:32   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #396

What do you guys think about forcing MOUSE1 twice instead of +attack for AUTO_SHOOT. Is this possible? As someone mentioned previously, I dont think aimbots react to the +attack command, its the actual MOUSE1.
Old 01-30-2009 , 14:48   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #397

btw, how can i add access ADMIN_LEVEL_D to bot ? (cuz that blocks status message in my plugins) (ppl still can see status hud msg at center cuz i have miscstats.amxx)
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2009 , 16:15   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
What do you guys think about forcing MOUSE1 twice instead of +attack for AUTO_SHOOT. Is this possible? As someone mentioned previously, I dont think aimbots react to the +attack command, its the actual MOUSE1.
but we DID see the plugin detect cheats, didn't we? and we also saw that some people don't seem to shoot the bot when forced. so i think maybe changing from +attack to mouse1 will just turn this around, why don't we try to detect all types of aimbots by triggering both? you are already forcing 2 shots, so just make one force mouse1 and the other +attack.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-30-2009 , 21:40   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
but we DID see the plugin detect cheats, didn't we? and we also saw that some people don't seem to shoot the bot when forced. so i think maybe changing from +attack to mouse1 will just turn this around, why don't we try to detect all types of aimbots by triggering both? you are already forcing 2 shots, so just make one force mouse1 and the other +attack.
Yes it does but I have a feeling it is catching the aimbots that either are always aiming when an enemy is in view OR ones that are shot by the players manual MOUSE1 fire. I wasn't trying to fix something that isn't broken; I just thought maybe if +attack wasn't doing anything then I could do away with it. The aimbot I use, ghw, always aims when an enemy is in-view. I need to get my hands on an actual aimbot hack that can allow me to bind it to mouse1. This way I can differentiate if it catches +attack or mouse1. If I do find it aims with MOUSE1, I will do as you said and have it fire 1 +attack shot and 1 MOUSE1 shot.
Old 01-31-2009 , 09:51   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #400

i have a bug report, vertical distance check is not working. here is the demo.
http://webfile.ru/2600967
(in assault player shoot player just right under him and killed bot then)
enter code, then download link will appear in place where code was if you download demo.

Last edited by Owyn; 01-31-2009 at 09:55.