Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D] SourceMod problem or plugin problem?

Post New Thread Reply   

Gunblazer 42
Old 10-04-2009 , 15:35   [L4D] SourceMod problem or plugin problem?
Reply With Quote #1

I heard that some people with SourceMod on their servers were experiencing the same thing I am, with the neverending music, missing "X killed Y" messages, and gibberish in the consoles. So I tested to see what was wrong by disabling some plugins. And I found the offending plugin (at least, for me), in the Perkmod plugin. Apparently, whenever text is entered in the chat box (consoel-related, like the Advertisements plugin or any notifiers, the console gets bugged with the nonsense. And when I turned off Perkmod, the nonsense went away.

But I heard that it was happening on servers not running Perkmod, so I'm curious as to whether it has something to do with the way they're programmed to work with SM (I'm extremely noob at programming), or if they're just a random bug in the plugins themselves.

If it matters, I was running one of the 1.2 stable SM versions before the CC update broke things, and once they did, I got a 1.3 snapshot, so I switched versions, if it matters.
DarkLord7854
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-04-2009 , 20:53   Re: [L4D] SourceMod problem or plugin problem?
Reply With Quote #2

Yea, I've been getting these, also having no music, and the elevator/cherry picker on No Mercy being glitched where it'll get stuck.

Haven't been able to pinpoint a cause yet.
Send a message via AIM to DarkLord7854 Send a message via MSN to DarkLord7854
Edhmelus
Old 10-04-2009 , 22:10   Re: [L4D] SourceMod problem or plugin problem?
Reply With Quote #3

I am getting looped music in fact.. And I run perkmod :/ The music after a boomerbile/smokerpull/tankappearance/hunterpounce always goes on for the AFFECTED player ONLY. And turns off when again attacked by the same or is switched to the other if its another special infected (aka boomer bile => hunter switches the music to hunter.. But boomerbile => Boomerbile = Music off)

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.