Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SVC_BAD & AY&SY error server fixes

Post New Thread Reply   

MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2008 , 05:23   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
.... it was proven from him by him, and it worked with his circumstances for him. I know this wont work all the time, but it definitly helps. Im pretty sure if it diddnt work with him, he wouldnt post it.

Thats right, I wouldn't bother posting it if i hadn't tested it and didn't think it might help others. that is what were here for isn't it ?.

Thanks Bmann
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.
yathsing
Old 02-26-2008 , 06:03   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #22

GD
my server using this code really low ping
Send a message via MSN to yathsing
BAILOPAN
Old 02-26-2008 , 10:39   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #23

These things have nothing to do with SVC_BAD. Especially the MOTD one. Be cautious of anecdotal advice.
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-26-2008 , 13:49   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #24

Its not a direct fix at all, its a nice combo of usefull tips that might help eliminate or diminish the cause of possible issues, for some people based on their circumstances I guess.
Old 02-26-2008 , 15:27   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #25

Although not a 100%, this worked for me, and greatly reduced the problem.

Been using it for several months now, and had only one or two instances of SVC_BAD, instead of it happening on almost a daily basis.

It only happens rarely now.

Thanks for the advice, at least it's a step in a good direction.
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2008 , 18:23   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
These things have nothing to do with SVC_BAD. Especially the MOTD one. Be cautious of anecdotal advice.
@BAILOPAN. Can you shed some light on the vague statment above.

I have tested this theory and as i have stated numerous times, "This is not the final fix". But when i set the -zone 8192 parameter to 4096 and it kicks half the server 5 or 6 times within 3 or 4 hours, And then I set it back to 8192 and its fine for 6 or 7 days, Then you tell me what that means BALIOPAN. Also the motd file is considred an text file too. See this thread based on a thread from the old dod forums. http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...hlight=svc_bad

AND: the server admins on both of these two lists beg to differ with you.

http://list.valvesoftware.com/mailman/listinfo/hlds <<< WIN32 mailing list. win32 has an achive as well, google it

http://list.valvesoftware.com/mailma...nfo/hlds_linux <<< linux mailing list Go there to setup an linux list account.
Then go here to read the linux archives once you have setup you're account. http://list.valvesoftware.com/mailma...te/hlds_linux/

This thread is for the svc_bad error happening to client pcs only not server side.
http://support.steampowered.com/kb_a...9121-WIFJ-7222 Valve says its due to a router issue.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 02-26-2008 at 19:35.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2008 , 18:30   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW2 View Post
Although not a 100%, this worked for me, and greatly reduced the problem.

Been using it for several months now, and had only one or two instances of SVC_BAD, instead of it happening on almost a daily basis.

It only happens rarely now.

Thanks for the advice, at least it's a step in a good direction.
Glad i could help WW2
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2008 , 19:11   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #28

Well the only thing i can think of at this point, Is to start a thread in which everyone posts their server specs,settings,plugin,cvars ect ect.

Since you have to be a member of the linux and win32 mailing lists to be able to read them, I'm now in the process of downloading the complete 200MB achives from both the win32list and linux list and will make them available for download on one of my web sites ASAP.

At least this way you can all DL them and just do a text search for svc_bad and or AY&SY. This is the only way you can get more detailed info on this bug from the server admins who are experiencing it.

I'll have another site up by the 1st dedicated to hlds bugs and only for the hlds community.

[EDIT] Everyone try setting your sv_timeout to 55 and then run for 72 hours and post back. the default setting for this is 65. you may want to make sure its within the 65 or less setting.

This setting controls how long an client has to connect to you're server before getting dropped. If you're clients start getting dropped before they have time to connect then start raising the sv_timeout in small amounts until they can connect and hopefully this will have some impact on the svc_bad error.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 02-26-2008 at 20:14.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2008 , 21:48   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #29

It doesn't work for me, players still get dropped 5-10 times a day on any map in my servers.

I've pretty much tried every thing since I'm also a member of those mailing lists a long time ago. I stopped reading it for a couple of years now since I pretty much gave up on svc_bad, even without MetaMod, you still get it. Even with hella nice hardware...

I'm happy for you though, that somehow it solved your problem.

What kernel are you using and did you recompile it? If answer == yes, what changes did you make?

Last edited by P4rD0nM3; 02-26-2008 at 21:51.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2008 , 21:55   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
It doesn't work for me, players still get dropped 5-10 times a day on any map in my servers.

I've pretty much tried every thing since I'm also a member of those mailing lists a long time ago. I stopped reading it for a couple of years now since I pretty much gave up on svc_bad, even without MetaMod, you still get it. Even with hella nice hardware...

I'm happy for you though, that somehow it solved your problem.

What kernel are you using and did you recompile it? If answer == yes, what changes did you make?

Default fedora core 6 kernel.

This problem is inherant in HLDS and the only people who can fix it is valve and they wont even acknowledge it exists.
I say *uck valve and thats why i wont ever purchase another valve product again. Their just another company that cares about nothing but $.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 02-26-2008 at 21:58.