12% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

captainAngry
Old 02-17-2010 , 08:53   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
Yes, too many people were having trouble with the database connection, so I decided to more closely model what other plugins do, even though I disapprove of this method. Please also rename your jukebox database connection to "jukebox", or leave the default one as-is if that was what you are using, as default will be used if "jukebox" is missing.
Silly people. Doesn't matter anyway since I was using 'default' to connect to my database anyway.

The only problem I have now is that for some reason no data is getting saved to the history logs. Everything works fine, music plays, it says I am on the correct version yet there is no user history data being saved to jb_log_history, jb_log_usernames or jb_log_users. Nothing in the logs about the jukebox, it just doesn't save the data.

Last edited by captainAngry; 02-17-2010 at 09:14.
SirLamer
Old 02-17-2010 , 12:50   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkadensetsu View Post
Everytime Thanks for your help SirLamer

yes. I Fixed it. but it is still the same symptoms..
Did you reload Jukebox after changing the value?
Also, of course, jb_leech_pass has to match that on the web server without typos or anything.

What plugin are you running on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainAngry View Post
Silly people. Doesn't matter anyway since I was using 'default' to connect to my database anyway.

The only problem I have now is that for some reason no data is getting saved to the history logs. Everything works fine, music plays, it says I am on the correct version yet there is no user history data being saved to jb_log_history, jb_log_usernames or jb_log_users. Nothing in the logs about the jukebox, it just doesn't save the data.
You need to set a cvar jb_log_use to 1. It's missing from the jukebox.cfg file distributed with Jukebox but if you have the server generate the config file it will be there. You can also add it anywhere to jukebox.cfg. I'll add it for the next release, though.

By default, playback logging is off. Right now, Jukebox does not include anything to make use of the collected data. Someone asked for detailed logging so that they could write their own script for their website, so I added it. I might include a way to make use of the data later.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source

Last edited by SirLamer; 02-17-2010 at 12:58.
kenkadensetsu
Old 02-17-2010 , 14:40   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #363

[quote]
Quote:
Did you reload Jukebox after changing the value?
Also, of course, jb_leech_pass has to match that on the web server without typos or anything.

What plugin are you running on?
jb_leech_pass has to match that on the web server without typos or anything <-- sure..It's correct

I did reload Jukebox after changing the value

And I did reboot my web server and my game server Jukebox after changing the value too...

I did test running Olny Jukebox (with metamod & sourcemod) and with my another plugins (supersurvivors, cd_anouncer..etc)

I can play the music in game.. But I can't listen it... T-T
captainAngry
Old 02-17-2010 , 17:41   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #364

Quote:
By default, playback logging is off. Right now, Jukebox does not include anything to make use of the collected data. Someone asked for detailed logging so that they could write their own script for their website, so I added it. I might include a way to make use of the data later.
I was the one who asked for it, that's why I'm excited to see it.
If I get a chance to dig in to the data, I'll post some useful querys in case someone else wants to use it. If I end up making something that isn't completely tied to my website to function (forum templates are annoying) I'll post the whole thing.

The data is saved exactly how I wanted it (normalized). I'm glad someone making plugins knows how databases should be structured.

Last edited by captainAngry; 02-17-2010 at 17:45.
SirLamer
Old 02-17-2010 , 18:36   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #365

[QUOTE=kenkadensetsu;1091820]
Quote:

jb_leech_pass has to match that on the web server without typos or anything <-- sure..It's correct

I did reload Jukebox after changing the value

And I did reboot my web server and my game server Jukebox after changing the value too...

I did test running Olny Jukebox (with metamod & sourcemod) and with my another plugins (supersurvivors, cd_anouncer..etc)

I can play the music in game.. But I can't listen it... T-T
What mod are you running? It might be a compatibility issue. The mod has to have a Message of the Day feature, and apparently some don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainAngry View Post
I was the one who asked for it, that's why I'm excited to see it.
If I get a chance to dig in to the data, I'll post some useful querys in case someone else wants to use it. If I end up making something that isn't completely tied to my website to function (forum templates are annoying) I'll post the whole thing.

The data is saved exactly how I wanted it (normalized). I'm glad someone making plugins knows how databases should be structured.
I'm glad you like the design. One thing I did was keep the log data completely separate from the user options table. This means there is some overlap because Steam IDs are saved twice. This makes the database a bit bigger so I wonder if I should merge options into the log's Steam ID "user" table. Any thoughts?

The log tables are designed to avoid waste. I'm sure you noticed there is a bit of a hierarchy structure to the design. This makes simple queries quite complex and dependent on multiple joins, but then you can also easily and efficiently do some other neat things like allow a username search to include the other results with a different username but same Steam ID.

It sounds like you know what you're doing but if you need some help or examples let me know. I suppose there are also example queries in jukebox.sp.

By the way, by the current design, the system will log the username the user had when they first join or when the map changes. I decided that for the most part that is fine, but thinking now I can see scenarios where a new user joins with the mod's generic name and changes it after joining the server but you'll have a bunch of entries from different people with the same generic username. So I might improve that but, for now, just know that if you notice this issue, it's designed to work this way.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source

Last edited by SirLamer; 02-17-2010 at 18:57.
captainAngry
Old 02-17-2010 , 19:55   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #366

Multiple joins is the correct way to do it. The username info isn't very helpful for my use case because I'll be linking forum profiles based on steamid. The only other way to split out usernames would be to have another table that liknkes steamids to users.

Saving the username on map join is good. My users tend to get into kicks where they all change their name for a theme (80s cartoons was pretty good) and saving all that data would be useless.

I typed out a long response with database stuff in it and then chatted with you instead so hopefully you remember
kenkadensetsu
Old 02-17-2010 , 23:06   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #367

[quote=SirLamer;1092016][quote=kenkadensetsu;1091820]

Quote:
What mod are you running? It might be a compatibility issue. The mod has to have a Message of the Day feature, and apparently some don't.

I'm using Metamod 1.8.0 and sourcemod 1.3.1

FrozenHaxor
Old 02-17-2010 , 23:20   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkadensetsu View Post
I'm using Metamod 1.8.0 and sourcemod 1.3.1
He is asking for game that you are trying to run this plugin on
kenkadensetsu
Old 02-18-2010 , 23:18   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #369

Quote: