Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

help with getting MM to work

Post New Thread Reply   

mcspam
Old 01-30-2007 , 17:12   help with getting MM to work
Reply With Quote #1

Ok well I did the self installer off the metamod source website. I believe it was version 1.3d. I then did the gameinfo.txt thing where you add the line to it. Like it said though when i went in game the line got deleted from it. So I tried it again but this time made it read only. Went in game again, and again it got deleted. So then I did the other way by making a bat file in the counter-strike source folder, and then making the GameInfo.txt.mms file. I went ingame and it still does not recognize the meta commands. I was just seeing what I could be doing wrong.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2007 , 04:04   Re: help with getting MM to work
Reply With Quote #2

Seems like you're setting up a listen server

You can not install SourceMM on a listenserver...not easily anyway

Also; it's annoying as hell to try and run it through a Steam dedicated server distribution:
Your best bet for a stable SourceMM enabled server is the standalone srcds installation available through hldsupdatetool info on that is on the steam support page

And contrary to popular belief you CAN play on the same machine that a dedicated server is set up on just change -port in the command line to something OTHER THAN 27015 but it's advised against due to large amounts of lag that occur with this kind of situation. (running a game and a server on the same machine)
BAILOPAN
Old 02-06-2007 , 13:10   Re: help with getting MM to work
Reply With Quote #3

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/index.php...Listen_Servers
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2007 , 02:53   Re: help with getting MM to work
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
And contrary to popular belief you CAN play on the same machine that a dedicated server is set up on just change -port in the command line to something OTHER THAN 27015 but it's advised against due to large amounts of lag that occur with this kind of situation. (running a game and a server on the same machine)
If you have dual core you can do it fine, as long as you make sure to assign HL2 and SRCDS to different cores. I do it all the time, haven't had preformance problems yet
Old 02-20-2007 , 17:55   Re: help with getting MM to work
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
Seems like you're setting up a listen server

You can not install SourceMM on a listenserver...not easily anyway
Im confused, if thats the case, why does the installer have an option to install to a Steam Listen Server?

Im having the same problem and will resort to using a dedicated server but it still doesnt make sense to me
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2007 , 16:47   Re: help with getting MM to work
Reply With Quote #6

oh I'm not saying it's impossible, you can do it, but it just causes way more head aches.