Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 update broke sourcemod?

Post New Thread Reply   

RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2013 , 16:13   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1SoR View Post
I wonder what will happen if L4D3 is going to be the first game on the new Source 2. Guess no plugins for a month minimum.

VSP, guys. Learn it!
I recon half life 3 will come out first tbh from what ive read im a bit confused is it half life 2 episode 3 or half life 3 or is that other people r confused cause im pretty sure myself if its labelled half life 3 its not half life 2 episode 3.

back on topic I woudnt know how to recompile everything cant see how that would fix anything anyway

Last edited by RavenDan29; 07-03-2013 at 16:15.
Puffylumpkins
Old 07-03-2013 , 16:23   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaquicat View Post
Worked for me..
My metamod run fine too..

Are you speaking about a Linux or Windows server?

If Windows, how is your server still running?
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 07-03-2013 , 16:24   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
I have no idea at all, what you are talking about. I rent my l4d2 server through gameservers.com
So I dont expect to be doing much, other than wait for their support, to roll out the fix once its online.
Their l4d2 servers runs on Linux. But should I tell them, they need to recomplie that thing?
GSP's are under no obligation to do anything if a plugin breaks. They don't even have to update the plugins on your servers for you. The fact that they offer it is an incentive, not a right. They definitely will not recompile extensions for you, but will only direct you back to the author to have him fix it. If you find one that does compile all the extensions for you, let me know, I might be interested in switching to them.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2013 , 16:26   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
GSP's are under no obligation to do anything if a plugin breaks. They don't even have to update the plugins on your servers for you. The fact that they offer it is an incentive, not a right. They definitely will not recompile extensions for you, but will only direct you back to the author to have him fix it. If you find one that does compile all the extensions for you, let me know, I might be interested in switching to them.
I smell an opportunity here...
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2013 , 16:33   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Oh you. But that would be insane if you do find one that will do that. They may become very rich, very fast.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
Martijn79
Old 07-03-2013 , 16:33   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #46

It's not that hard to compile extensions. I'm not a developer even I can do it. All you need is the source of the extension (which should be always available for download) the hl2sdk, the sourcemod and/or metamod source and a linux shell.

From then on it's a just a matter of typing in a few commands, usually as simple as 'make'.

It always amazes me that everybody wants to run a server but they don't wanna learn anything and their game server provider should do everything for them for 20 bucks a month.

Don't worry about it though most extensions will be recompiled by their respective authors. If not somebody else will do it. I'm running L4D2 servers for such a long time now and at least once a year everything breaks and gets updated shortly after.

Last edited by Martijn79; 07-03-2013 at 16:35.
Martijn79
Old 07-03-2013 , 16:37   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Hell no, once you start doing that your customers start demanding a LOT of other stuff and don't want to pay for it. I wouldn't even think about it
wendigo
Old 07-03-2013 , 17:00   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post

wait. So this could be the end for l4d2 Linux servers, if rented through gameserver providers?

I really hope this upcoming fix, will work for l4d2 Linux servers too.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 07-03-2013 , 17:35   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
wait. So this could be the end for l4d2 Linux servers, if rented through gameserver providers?[...]
Oh just shut up and wait guys. It is not the first time Failve has broken mm or sm, and it definately won't be the last.
Sm and mm developers are doing this for free (regardless of the donations which I think are only to keep the servers up and running) so have the decency to wait and not cry.
wendigo
Old 07-03-2013 , 17:36   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
Oh just shut up and wait guys. It is not the first time Failve has broken mm or sm, and it definately won't be the last.
Sm and mm developers are doing this for free (regardless of the donations which I think are only to keep the servers up and running) so have the decency to wait and not cry.
I prefer to cry, so people like you have something to talk about.