Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Players not showing up around corners..?

Post New Thread Reply   

Sepehr
Old 01-03-2011 , 16:14   Players not showing up around corners..?
Reply With Quote #1

It's kind of hard to explain, but in my cs:s server, there is a problem where people don't show up around corners.

So, if an enemy was behind a wall, and you turned around to shoot where the enemy is, it takes like 10 seconds for the person to load.

I'm not sure what's causing this, I've never seen anything like it.

Sorry if there is a topic already like this, i tried searching but its confusing trying to word the problem .

Thanks
Old 01-06-2011 , 17:00   Re: Players not showing up around corners..?
Reply With Quote #2

Do you run anything like Kigen Anti Cheat? If my memory serves me correctly KAC can cause this if you enable the wallhack protection. As I recall this function in KAC is still being tested and as such they warn it may cause problems. If you arent running KAC or some other kinda anti-cheat that may employ the same methods for trying to stop wallhackers ... then I dunno.

Just checked your site and sourcebans list and it looks like you are running KAC. Check and see if you have their wallhack protection enabled.

Quote:
kac_eyes_antiwall - Enable KAC's Anti-Wallhack routine. This renders wallhacking ineffective.
The antiwallhack basically disables the client being able to detect players positions even when it cant see them. This effectively blocks wallhacks but causes two things I have learned of thus far. Sometimes players you cant see but are running don't seem to have footsteps, and when a player you can't see rounds a corner they "pop" out as their position becomes known to your client and drawn on your screen. Because of lag and other factors they don't get drawn fast enough for you to see them as they come out from around the corner.

http://www.kigenac.com/viewtopic.php...antiwall#p4276

Quote:
By Gumby:
the Kac_eyes_antiwall command is defaulted to 0, and i'd like to know exactly what it does as i use KAC for a private server (scrims etc) and i noticed one time i turned it on and it seemed like players don't appear as soon as they should on your screen. Example on Dust2 would be me watching Long from CT spawn. players seemed to just "appear" as they ran across enough to make picking difficult.
Quote:
Response from nightrider:
This is the nature of the Anti-Wall hack in use.
It's experimental.

Trust me my servers get plenty of users getting banded by KAC.

Last edited by BartholomewPSkibbenheims; 01-06-2011 at 17:13.
Sepehr
Old 01-08-2011 , 02:00   Re: Players not showing up around corners..?
Reply With Quote #3

Ohhh, i see, okay thanks.
I wasn't aware of this, but yeah its debatable whether ill keep this on my server, it already has banned two hackers.
Well, thanks!
Old 01-12-2011 , 12:19   Re: Players not showing up around corners..?
Reply With Quote #4

IMO you should keep KAC but just disable this feature. It is just this one feature of KAC that causes this not the whole plugin. With it disabled it will still catch and ban anyone running cheat cvars as well as other things, it just won’t render people who use material wallhacks and whatnot ineffective.