Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009

Post New Thread Reply   

strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2009 , 22:35   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #111

It's set to ADMFLAG_CHAT, but if you want to change it then override it in configs/admin_overrides.cfg
e.g.
Code:
"admin_voice"            "k"
if you want players with VOTE to access it.
rlshky
Old 05-17-2009 , 22:57   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #112

So I tested everything out with the latest version and here's some of the issues I ran into.

I couldn't get the admin_voice to work. I'm pretty sure the binds work because I can see the mic icon pop up when I push the button it's just the admin I was testing with couldn't hear me nor could I hear him. At first I had it overrided to ban (him and I have the root flag) and then I took it out of the override cfg and it still wouldn't work.

Also, with the talk to server option, it still shows it being on after a round or when the map changes when it really isn't. So a team wins and you go to the next stage of the map, the menu asks you if you want to turn it off when it's already off. So, you have to turn if off (even though it's already off) then turn it back on again.

Finally, the talk to server turns on the enemy voice comms but it doesnt show it's on. So, I turn on talk to server and I can hear everyone, and in the comms menu it shows enemy voice comm is off when the talk to server has turned it on. As I noted earlier, I dont remember this being this way back in mid March when I installed the version that was available then, the talk to server function had no affect on the listening to all, and that just changed recently.

Thanks, and if ther's any questions about my setup that would help you these things let me know.

Last edited by rlshky; 05-18-2009 at 00:57.
iggythepop
Old 06-03-2009 , 20:20   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #113

Can you add voiceenable on/off as a option?
Would be nice option just shut down or off all chatter sometimes.
Great plugin already that extra added feature would make this the bomb!

strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2009 , 21:23   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #114

It already has it.

sm_enemyvoice <0 | 1>

Or access it through the Admin menu under Comms....
shustas
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-24-2009 , 12:33   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #115

How can I enable only voice comm to hear for admins and disable all the rest, including menu?
Old 07-13-2009 , 11:34   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlshky View Post
So I tested everything out with the latest version and here's some of the issues I ran into.

I couldn't get the admin_voice to work. I'm pretty sure the binds work because I can see the mic icon pop up when I push the button it's just the admin I was testing with couldn't hear me nor could I hear him. At first I had it overrided to ban (him and I have the root flag) and then I took it out of the override cfg and it still wouldn't work.
I'm having the same problem. I used the bind you posted for this, changed it to sm_talktoserver, and that worked fine. But admin_voice didn't.
Dead_Meat_FJ
Old 08-09-2009 , 06:29   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #117

Hi great Plugin, but i have a question about admins can not speak/hear admins in the enemie team while "listening to enemy team" is OFF (using the adminchannel, that is.) i can se adminschannel beeing used but i can't hear anything..

Is there a problem with my servers or is the plugin made lite this ?

I would be great if ALL admin, dead or alive foe or friend could talk with eachother ingame.

Last edited by Dead_Meat_FJ; 08-09-2009 at 08:22.
166_MMX
Old 08-11-2009 , 14:46   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat_FJ View Post
Hi great Plugin, but i have a question about admins can not speak/hear admins in the enemie team while "listening to enemy team" is OFF (using the adminchannel, that is.) i can se adminschannel beeing used but i can't hear anything..

Is there a problem with my servers or is the plugin made lite this ?

I would be great if ALL admin, dead or alive foe or friend could talk with eachother ingame.
They can/should be able to hear each other either dead or alive. If it was working before maybe a server restart might solve your issue.
Old 09-27-2009 , 13:52   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #119

Make support for l4d ;-)
FrostyCoolSlug
Old 10-01-2009 , 18:56   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #120

yea, it kinda works in left4dead, although sometimes it seems to get the teams confused, some public messages appear twice amongst other things :p