Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Post New Thread Reply   

t0rch
Old 11-06-2017 , 17:57   CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I still play CS 1.6 with my buddies (yes, we exist) and have been using Win10 ever since its launch and haven't faced a single issue till now. Since CS1.6 is all about rapid tap-firing, it was all well and good until the Fall Creators Update (FCU from now) dropped. The FCU is said to have "fixed" a mouse raw input bug that people had and complained about in many games including CSGO (I personally haven't faced any). But ever since this update I can't tap-fire in CS1.6 anymore- it causes my gun to start spraying after the third tap, even if I stop pressing MouseButton1 and sometimes causes sudden weird movements to the right/left/up/down. I have tried many in-game commands and launch commands but nothing has worked. I also tried a fresh install of CS. I don't want to re-install/reset Win10 just for CS1.6 as everything else is working perfectly.

We have an upcoming BYOC tournament and I'd really appreciate a fast solution if any.

Thank you in advance and Regards,
t0rch

P.S- I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum/site(?). I am out of wits about what to do and this place is the last hope for me.
JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2017 , 05:59   Re: CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.
Reply With Quote #2

try changing the value of this cvar m_rawinput 1/0 and see if it makes any difference.
Old 11-07-2017 , 23:33   Re: CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.
Reply With Quote #3

The m_rawinput 1 has seemingly fixed the tap-firing bug but the sudden movement bug is still there. Whenever I am playing every ~2-3 min. it starts moving in a particular direction. BTW its not my mouse I have tested it in a friends PC.

Thanks for the help man! Really appreciated.
greatdrs
Zero Posts
Old 11-12-2017 , 08:27   Re: CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.
Reply With Quote #4

I also have the same problem. i tried almost everything, including resetting pc, but in vain. i updated mouse drivers, installed cs in another drive, used installed file of my friend, etc.
i went through many forums and somewhere they said that use m_rawinput 1 cmmd but i find no such command in my cs1.6 console. If anybody know the solution of this problem, pls help.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-12-2017 , 08:51   Re: CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdrs View Post
i went through many forums and somewhere they said that use m_rawinput 1 cmmd but i find no such command in my cs1.6 console. If anybody know the solution of this problem, pls help.
That command has been added in the 2013 February update. Are you sure certainly running the latest Steam version of the game?
greatdrs
Zero Posts
Old 11-13-2017 , 11:09   Re: CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
Are you sure certainly running the latest Steam version of the game?
i have cs1.6 final, non stream version.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-13-2017 , 11:29   Re: CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdrs View Post
i have cs1.6 final, non stream version.
You will not get support for no-steam here. https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules

Edit: Apologies, I mistook last reply for OP, unlocked the thread.

Last edited by sneaK; 11-13-2017 at 16:10.
greatdrs
Zero Posts
Old 11-14-2017 , 00:55   Re: CS 1.6 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
You will not get support for no-steam here. https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules
okay, but stream and non stream ,both version is having this problem.