Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)

Post New Thread Reply   

grandwazir
Old 02-07-2009 , 17:04   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dogg View Post
Now what I think should be add is a option to Full turn it on or off meaning off being the defualt for the map and on being always on (force VS). This would be good for a few reason's one being you could start a vs game on a normal vs map start your force VS and then change maps to a not vs map and have it be VS and already to go as soon as the server starts the new map. Second would be if someone (admin) leaves Force VS on and leaves the server and later so one else join the server and wants to play a co-op game they could just use your easy menu to change it back to co-op with out restarting the server or messing with config files.
Hi Jay Dogg. I'm planning to set it up so you can tell it to force versus mode until the server goes into hibernation after which it goes back to it's default behavior. Would that do?

Quote:
Thanks you so so much and I think you have way over done yourself with this amazing plugin
Thanks! It is always nice to see that my work is appreciated Thanks for the cool radical plugin. Mind if I add it to the main post?
grandwazir
Old 02-07-2009 , 17:23   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Hey grandwazir 2 little bugs I found in your plugin are a4d_spawn_item first_aid_kit and a4d_spawn_weapon hunting_rifle are not working and Its just a type o I think cause the a4d tells you that you have spawned a first_aid_ki no t on the end and you have spawned a hunting_rifl no e on the end
I know what is causing that and I've fixed it in my build. I am going to release it once I've tested the new ensure versus command.
Jay Dogg
Old 02-07-2009 , 17:37   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #43

Yeah setting up to force VS till hibernation of the server would work just great but you may still want to add an off switch because and this is nothing anyone can fix till we have the SDK is once a not VS map is forced to be VS and you have 4 or more players no one can join the game (server) meaning if you start a lobby for a VS game and start the game with 8 players and change the map to Dead Air or Death Toll if anyone leaves no one can join to take their place now sticking you with bots or uneven teams for the rest of the campain. Now where I have seen this to be a problem is when all the humans on the zombie team leaves and there are only humans left on the human team and round end and now the humans players are on the zombie team and bots are now incontrol of the human team. The bots are afk so to speak and dont ever leave spawn. So having that off switch incase everyone leaves on the zombie team so you can then make the game go back to co-op and play the rest of the campain without the server getting stuck with the afk bots which the only way I have found to un-afk the bots is to team switch a real player over to the human side. Hope some of this info helps with the design.

Jay Dogg
P.S Feel free to add the radial menu to the main post

Last edited by Jay Dogg; 02-07-2009 at 17:44.
grandwazir
Old 02-07-2009 , 17:44   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Yeah setting up to force VS till hibernation of the server would work just great but you may still want to add an off switch because and this is nothing anyone can fix till we have the SDK is once a not VS map is forced to be VS and you have 4 or more players no one can join the game (server) meaning if you start a lobby for a VS game and start the game with 8 players and change the map to Dead Air or Death Toll if anyone leaves no one can join to take their place now sticking you with bots or uneven teams for the rest of the campain. Now where I have seen this to be a problem is when all the humans on the zombie team leaves and there are only humans left on the human team and round end and now the humans players are on the zombie team and bots are now incontrol of the human team. The bots are afk so to speak and dont ever leave spawn. So having that off switch incase everyone leaves on the zombie team so you can then make the game go back to co-op and play the rest of the campain without the server getting stuck with the afk bots which the only way I have found to un-afk the bots is to team switch a real player over to the human side. Hope so of this info helps with the design.
Problem is I don't want to open up the off switch to all players just admins with the right permissions that is why I think the setting until hibernation would work better.

You would be able to toggle this behaviour like the rest of the stuff in the mod
Jay Dogg
Old 02-07-2009 , 17:52   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #45

I wasnt talking about opening the controls to everyone, Just have an off switch for the admins. Because lets say you start with a full game and by the third map 4 people are left. If you cant turn forced VS off then you are stuck playing the rest of the campain 2 humans on each team making it
Human Team has
2 human player and 2 bot player and

Zombie Team
Stuck with 2 human players

Not to fun and uneven for the zombie team and now because no one can join why not be able to move the game back to co-op
grandwazir
Old 02-07-2009 , 17:57   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
I wasnt talking about opening the controls to everyone, Just have an off switch for the admins. Because lets say you start with a full game and by the third map 4 people are left. If you cant turn forced VS off then you are stuck playing the rest of the campain 2 humans on each team making it
Human Team has
2 human player and 2 bot player and

Zombie Team
Stuck with 2 human players

Not to fun and uneven for the zombie team and now because no one can join why not be able to move the game back to co-op
Oh yeah I always have off buttons don't worry about it
Jay Dogg
Old 02-07-2009 , 17:59   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #47

Sound great cant wait for the next update =) and just to let you know your one plug replaced 4 other plugs I was using. Great Job
grandwazir
Old 02-07-2009 , 18:22   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Sound great cant wait for the next update =) and just to let you know your one plug replaced 4 other plugs I was using. Great Job
Wow thanks! The next update will be tomorrow evening though. I've found the hibernation event but it needs more testing and I don't want to release something with bugs. Have fun with it!
Jay Dogg
Old 02-07-2009 , 18:48   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #49

Well if you want some help finding bugs before you release it shoot it my way and I will test and report back any thing I find to you =) if you want my help private message me and I will send you my email or something
AcidTester
Old 02-07-2009 , 20:10   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #50

Wow its f... unbelievable plugin! Great job! We have fun with my team, we play in balance like we spawn same mobs vs us and same to opposite team hehe.
One notice: if director forced to spawn tank and witch each level , it spawns 3 witches (reset to defaults option is off) but no 3 tanks, i'll be glad u support force director to make it harder, automatically spawn tanks at start, at middle and at the end. Would be fair. Dont nice if i spawn it manually, cause i break balance between teams.
Thanks again!!!

PS: can u subscribe in details Add more zombies to the horde (how many this will add to horde?) and do horde amount goes to default if i use reset to default option? Also in next update can u add more variation to Add more zombies to the horde option like for example:
increase zombies horde to 20 zombies
decrease zombies horde to 20 zombies
back to default zombies horde

Last edited by AcidTester; 02-07-2009 at 21:32.
Send a message via ICQ to AcidTester