Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

1.70, fatal error

6pack
BANNED
Old 03-05-2006 , 09:09   1.70, fatal error

I just upgraded to 1.70 and now I get an error when a certain map loads (as_highrise2). The error is "ed_alloc: no free edicts"

I tried a google serch but was unable to fix the problem. It is easy to delete the map from the mapcycle but who knows what map it will happen on next.

help please, Thanks
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 03-05-2006 , 09:12  

If I'm not wrong this should not be connected to the AMX Mod X upgrade. It means that the entity limit is reached; this could happen if the map has lots of entities and some plugins then still create new ones. What plugins are you running? Or - something. Also, do you get that error on map load or in the middle of the game or where.
BANNED
Old 03-05-2006 , 09:19  

I will post the plugins ini. It happens soon as the map loads. It worked fine before the upgrade.
Attached Files
File Type: txt plugins.txt (2.6 KB, 271 views)
Jordan
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2006 , 14:43  

This is a plugin issue. Disable all third party plugins and enable them one by one to find out which one it is.
6pack
BANNED
Old 03-05-2006 , 16:46  

How about this. I diabled all plugins (3rd party and all) and the same thing happened. Only "as" maps.
6pack
BANNED
Old 03-05-2006 , 16:50  

From what I read it has somrthing to do with the amount of entity's you have in a map? Is there a way to do this and why should I have to? maybe this is a bug that has not been discovered yet
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2006 , 16:58  

It's probably one of the following: cluster grenades, sentry guns, nukem. Or if you're using your give weapon plugin and just throwing weapons all over the place, that might be the cause as well. The map probably has a high entity count to begin with.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
6pack
BANNED
Old 03-05-2006 , 17:05  

Quote:
It's probably one of the following: cluster grenades, sentry guns, nukem. Or if you're using your give weapon plugin and just throwing weapons all over the place, that might be the cause as well. The map probably has a high entity count to begin with.
I hear what you are saying but I guess you did not read the post. I said I disabled all 3rd party and reg plugins and the same thing happened.

It's a good thing I have it all backed up before the conversion but I want this new version to work. AS maps are not important but it would be nice to handle all
BAILOPAN
Old 03-05-2006 , 19:33  

Disable all metamod and amxmodx plugins until it starts working. this is definitely not a core issue.
BANNED
Old 03-06-2006 , 00:20  

Found the plugin thats causing the error. It is CSDM. I am not about to give up that plugin and can live without AS maps but.......Can someone fix it?

I am posting the sma and the already compiled version supplied

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (csdm_mod.sma - 687 views - 111.0 KB)
File Type: amx csdm_mod.amx (93.4 KB, 167 views)