Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)

Post New Thread Reply   

satannuts
Old 01-27-2010 , 18:22   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigs View Post
@satannuts: Are people finding your server, or are there 8 players playing in total only when you've invited some friends?
its been full since using l4dtoolz with bebop...
never invited anyone... i run it on dedicated box and only play when i get time.

have you set any steamgroup/ steamgroupexclusive cvars in yer server.cfg?
make sure you don't have yer game set as private or passworded...

are you using l4dtoolz?
Here's what i used for 8 man COOP:
//l4dtoolz
sm_cvar sv_maxplayers 8
sm_cvar sv_visiblemaxplayers -1
sm_cvar sv_removehumanlimit 1
sm_cvar sv_unlock_sb_add 1
sm_cvar sv_force_unreserved 1
//sm_cvar sv_force_normal_respawn 0 //enable to force ghost spawn on every map
//sm_cvar z_max_player_zombies 4
sm_cvar survivor_limit 8 //default 4
cigs
Old 01-27-2010 , 18:27   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #102

Ah. That might be it. There is a steamgroupexclusive cvar set in the server.cfg but sv_allow_lobby_connect_only is also on 0. That means only those from the group can connect to the server, but once ingame non-members can also find the server. So, strange that it doesn't work. But I will try to remove the steamgroupexclusive cvar and see.
Old 01-28-2010 , 19:40   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #103

I still have to cope with the same issue. I never see the clientcount go above 4. The server's always at 4/8.

However, when there are 4 people on it I can connect to it fine through console to make it 5/8. Even finding the server in the serverbrowser and connecting to it is not a problem.

I just want people to find my server through their ingame lobbybrowser. As far as I've experienced, no plugin achieves that.

Also, today I connected to a 10 Player COOP server, which wasn't mine, and I asked how they connected to it. Most of them responded through the serverbrowser. They favorited the server. This server I found on the serverbowser. There were about 20 coop servers with 8 maxplayers, and ALL of them had a playercount of 4/8. Just one server had a 8/10 count. That's the one I joined and asked the question.

That's why I'm having doubts about what you said.

Quote:
its been full since using l4dtoolz with bebop...
never invited anyone... i run it on dedicated box and only play when i get time.
I want that too and most 8 player coop servers don't have 8 players playing in them; just 4 or less. What's up here?

Last edited by cigs; 01-28-2010 at 19:48.
ivailosp
Old 01-29-2010 , 07:58   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #104

lobby for 8 ppl will send you max 8 ppl, and 4 slot lobby will send you 4 players
and we know versus has lobby for 8 ppl and coop 4
solution for that is not to use lobby at all
just join some big steam group and add your server to that group
lexantis
Old 01-29-2010 , 14:22   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigs View Post
I still have to cope with the same issue. I never see the clientcount go above 4. The server's always at 4/8.

However, when there are 4 people on it I can connect to it fine through console to make it 5/8. Even finding the server in the serverbrowser and connecting to it is not a problem.

I just want people to find my server through their ingame lobbybrowser. As far as I've experienced, no plugin achieves that.
they cant find it by lobbybrowsing by any means when its unreserved or doesnt have a lobby at that moment, so the only ways are to connect through serverbrowser, steam group browser or console
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
cigs
Old 01-29-2010 , 15:42   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #106

Maybe I meant gamebrowser; where you can select Only Lobbies, Only Games or Both.

I'd love it if a plugin could somehow mod left 4 dead 2 so that people can join in through that gamebrowser AND Quick Match.

Btw, I created a Steamgroup thanks to ivailosp's comment. It's a public group called "Multiple Slots L4D2 Servers" (MSL4D2) (visit here) allowing server admins to add their server(s) and members to see those servers in their steam group server list. Just be part of the group and you'll see more and more multi slot servers apear in that list, as well as more members joining those servers are more members will join the group. The group ID can be find in one of the first announcements.

Last edited by cigs; 01-29-2010 at 15:47.
Jоnny
Old 02-02-2010 , 02:16   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #107

l4d_fixspawn.sp only for Left 4 Dead 1 (sometimes tanks cannot join game; sometimes too many bots trying to join game)
l4d2_bebop_bots_autokick.sp only for Left 4 Dead 2 Coop 16 (or more) slots (it can fix some crashes)
l4d2_nextcampaign.sp autovote for nextmap on 3 finale fails
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_fixspawn.sp - 1525 views - 5.3 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_bebop_bots_autokick.sp - 1887 views - 1.6 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_nextcampaign.sp - 1530 views - 5.6 KB)

Last edited by Jоnny; 02-02-2010 at 04:30.
RasterMan
Old 02-14-2010 , 06:30   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #108

How about this plugin being updated to work for us linux owners!
Old 02-14-2010 , 20:18   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #109

It might be just because I'm using a Linux server, but the bots keep joining the Infected team and are kicked because they're not on the Survivor team. But we have Bebop and l4dtoolz set up correctly, so I don't know what's wrong.
RasterMan
Old 02-15-2010 , 12:33   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)
Reply With Quote #110

At the moment bebop is only working on windows servers not linux (My home servers are windows)
l4dtoolz will crash my linux servers (Dedicated Box) as soon as anyone joins it.

Last edited by RasterMan; 02-15-2010 at 12:37.
Send a message via MSN to RasterMan