Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

travo
Old 02-08-2008 , 02:02   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

the highlighting seems to save the colour and bold option but if I disable italics in php variable highlighting, it doesnt seem to save it properly and when I close and reopen, the highlighting will still be italics.
Wilson [29th ID]
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2008 , 03:34   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

HEY GUYZ DOZ THIS WERK ON NON-STEEM SERVERZ?

Day of Defeat AMXX Community

FakeMeta Research . Voice Proximity . Advanced Deploy . Technician
Send a message via ICQ to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via AIM to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via MSN to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via Yahoo to Wilson [29th ID]
Majs
Old 02-08-2008 , 10:20   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Test it ^^
JFeldon
Old 02-10-2008 , 12:43   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Also, I can safely say it runs on Windows Vista.

Well I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium - 32bit. It should probably run on all Vista editions, dunno about 64bits though.

EDIT:
Well mostly it works... Occasionally the program just freezes and then you have to close it. Any input is just ignored and all you can do is press the X button. I wasn't doing anything major, and it's done it once or twice before.

Last edited by JFeldon; 02-10-2008 at 13:36.
Send a message via MSN to JFeldon
purple nurple
Old 02-10-2008 , 17:36   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Why is it where the number like thing stick out so far. Kinda make the space that much smaller.
hoboman
Old 02-15-2008 , 20:37   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

i would like to say that this is pretty kill; however,....

1.) printing doesn't work...i think that is because I have more than 1 printer set up. One of em works and the other one doesn't. I am guessing when I try to print it tries to print through the printer that doesn't work and I am not given an option to select the other printer. Pawn Studio only attempts to print through the default printer (???).

2.) is it really necessary to create a temp.sma everytime I save a file?
I have like over a hundred of these temp.sma files in my main Pawn Studio directory. Ex. "temp986.sma"

3.) so far I had 3 fatal crashes of Pawn Studio. I now have an incredibly long "bugreport.txt" sitting here. Would you like me to send it to you so you can try and fix these bugs?

Last edited by hoboman; 02-15-2008 at 21:56.
Voi
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2008 , 22:49   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

weird, in pawn studio it takes ~5x more time to compile a plugin than with amxmodx studio :O

im running win xp x64
Old 02-17-2008 , 07:39   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travo View Post
the highlighting seems to save the colour and bold option but if I disable italics in php variable highlighting, it doesnt seem to save it properly and when I close and reopen, the highlighting will still be italics.
This appears to be a bug in the editor control, I don't maintain it so there's currently no better solution than waiting for a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboman View Post
1.) printing doesn't work...i think that is because I have more than 1 printer set up. One of em works and the other one doesn't. I am guessing when I try to print it tries to print through the printer that doesn't work and I am not given an option to select the other printer. Pawn Studio only attempts to print through the default printer (???).
This is about the same. There's no way to assign a printer to the editor (which basically does all the printing stuff) so this won't be fixed from my side either.

Quote:
2.) is it really necessary to create a temp.sma everytime I save a file?
I have like over a hundred of these temp.sma files in my main Pawn Studio directory. Ex. "temp986.sma"
Yep, looks like a bug and has been fixed in SVN.

Quote:
3.) so far I had 3 fatal crashes of Pawn Studio. I now have an incredibly long "bugreport.txt" sitting here. Would you like me to send it to you so you can try and fix these bugs?
Sure, feel free to send me your report via PM or e-Mail. Actually I'd like anyone to send their bug reports directly to me anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voi View Post
weird, in pawn studio it takes ~5x more time to compile a plugin than with amxmodx studio :O
Haven't really paid a lot of attention to this, it has been optimized in SVN though.

Thanks for all the reports, as always you can get the latest binary here.
Send a message via ICQ to Basic-Master Send a message via MSN to Basic-Master
mrAbstract
Old 02-18-2008 , 10:21   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Good tool, but TOO MANY errors, can't work normally.
Today i downloaded last version, and now i can't even click on textedit area, can't put any text - exception...exception....exception.

p.s Using last binary from post #68, now i should rollback to older.
hoboman
Old 02-18-2008 , 14:32   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

well I don't get that many errors...just sometimes...
i am pretty sure that if u open two files with the same filename and extention ( but different paths ofcourse) and edit both of them at the same time you will get an error