Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++

Post New Thread Reply   

talha
Old 07-27-2012 , 23:03   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #11

BTW may i ask how much time it took you to completely learn pawn and did you study any other programming language
mY Steam
Send a message via Yahoo to talha
talha
Old 07-27-2012 , 23:28   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #12

THANKS Fysiks and powerlord for information
mY Steam
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2012 , 01:11   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by talha View Post
BTW may i ask how much time it took you to completely learn pawn and did you study any other programming language
Nobody has "completely learned Pawn". Many have extensive knowledge but none know it all. Most people wouldn't learn a different language just to learn Pawn because it would be impossible to ever say that you've learned "enough" C++ to start learning Pawn. I strongly discourage learning C++ only for the purpose of learning Pawn because it more than likely is just a waste of time.

Many of us know some other language to some extent but the more important part that we know is the basic structure of code and you can learn that by working with most any standard language.

You may like "spoon feeding" but it is NOT going to happen. You will have to put in your own effort to find the information that you need. None of us get paid to be here and simply enjoy helping others if and only if they are willing to help themselves first (meaning you have to make a good effort before asking your question). You have implied that that is not how you are willing to learn so I strongly encourage you to change your mentality on this subject.

Last edited by fysiks; 07-29-2012 at 01:16.
talha
Old 07-29-2012 , 13:30   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #14

OK got it
mY Steam
striker07
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2012 , 22:58   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #15

Wicked got banned here?
lool

to talha:
I started learning pawn with opening plugins in amxxstudio and try to read what i can.
try to read/understand how the program is gonna act when reading every line in a plugin.
alot of information about commands and others can be found here and here to search meaning of functions and how to correctly use them.
Also defenitly take a look here, full of tutorials here sometimes hard to understand for beginners but definitly wort reading.
A good hint i'm giving you is have patience and take enough breaks ;). you can read all day on a tutorial trying to understand it and failing, then the next day you can suddenly understand it just by looking at it :p
in the beginning its mostly guessing and assuming but i've learned that is a bad habit so dont do that :p.
and as said before the most important thing is using search functions; search includes, functionwiki, AM and google.
you can always ask here on AM to if you can't find what you need, you'll find lots of ppl who will help out where they can.

Good Luck

ps: I don't know you're plans and they are none of my business but i'd recommend that you start learning sourcepawn. On 21 August CS:GO will be released and i've heard that scripting will be alot/maybe entirely like sourcepawn.

Working on:
[CSGO/CSS] Mmorpg - an extensive XP/level modulair platform
Progress: [♣♣♣♣♣♣♣|♣♣♣]

Last edited by striker07; 07-29-2012 at 23:10.
talha
Old 07-29-2012 , 23:38   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post
Wicked got banned here?
lool

to talha:
I started learning pawn with opening plugins in amxxstudio and try to read what i can.
try to read/understand how the program is gonna act when reading every line in a plugin.
alot of information about commands and others can be found here and here to search meaning of functions and how to correctly use them.
Also defenitly take a look here, full of tutorials here sometimes hard to understand for beginners but definitly wort reading.
A good hint i'm giving you is have patience and take enough breaks ;). you can read all day on a tutorial trying to understand it and failing, then the next day you can suddenly understand it just by looking at it :p
in the beginning its mostly guessing and assuming but i've learned that is a bad habit so dont do that :p.
and as said before the most important thing is using search functions; search includes, functionwiki, AM and google.
you can always ask here on AM to if you can't find what you need, you'll find lots of ppl who will help out where they can.

Good Luck

ps: I don't know you're plans and they are none of my business but i'd recommend that you start learning sourcepawn. On 21 August CS:GO will be released and i've heard that scripting will be alot/maybe entirely like sourcepawn.
wooooooo he did really get banned , good for me that i didnt say too much things .. BTW thank you very much . well i m in same stages that you have been through i started by editing plugins and learning about the function but at times it becomes really frustrating but i am not gona quit .. )
mY Steam
striker07
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2012 , 00:30   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by talha View Post
well i m in same stages that you have been through i started by editing plugins and learning about the function but at times it becomes really frustrating but i am not gona quit .. )
haha exactly why you need to take some breaks once and a while :p, giving it time is essential .

Today you might curse on it, tomorow you're interest might fade but the day after tomorow you just might understand it. *striker07

Working on:
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2012 , 00:34   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Are you smoking crake? Where does the OP ever say anything about CS:GO? You are saying that because a new game is coming out that he should learn SourcePawn. How does this help him make plugins for CS 1.6?
Old 07-30-2012 , 00:49   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Are you smoking crake? Where does the OP ever say anything about CS:GO? You are saying that because a new game is coming out that he should learn SourcePawn. How does this help him make plugins for CS 1.6?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...date-announced

I'm not telling him to start learn sourcepawn, it was a recommendation since cs:go will come out soon and from my expierence cs:cz's best days are counted. many players switched to cs:s and i'm pretty sure that many of the players that remained on cs1.6 or cz will now step over to cs:go making cs1.6 and cz even more dead.

to answer you're first question: no, weed but not when i wrote that lol

Working on:

Last edited by striker07; 07-30-2012 at 00:49.
talha
Old 07-30-2012 , 01:04   Re: Basic steps to start learning pawn or C++
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...date-announced

I'm not telling him to start learn sourcepawn, it was a recommendation since cs:go will come out soon and from my expierence cs:cz's best days are counted. many players switched to cs:s and i'm pretty sure that many of the players that remained on cs1.6 or cz will now step over to cs:go making cs1.6 and cz even more dead.

to answer you're first question: no, weed but not when i wrote that lol
i dont know abt cs :cz or css but for cs 1.6 players to change will take alot of time
mY Steam