Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.4.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Dionys
Old 01-07-2009 , 06:26   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #111

It agree
My plug-in can break procedure of normal returning of the information if the lobby is chosen. Actually the plug-in does not allow to finish to a server mission - mission end occurs simultaneously with kicks players and loading of a map of current mission. Necessary set for public servers sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0. For a lobby I consider there is no necessity to install plug-in - play only the invited players.
You need to make a choice...
ProdigyXP
Old 01-07-2009 , 16:06   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #112

I was afraid you would say that. So there are no commands that you know of that can "reset" the server to allow new connections after your plugin loads a new map? What I find most odd about this issue (and makes me think there is a way around it) is that other people were allowed to join my server after a map change after *some* (not all) people left the server. I would think that all hope is lost if it required *everyone* to leave the server before allowing new connections, but that has not always been the case.
MrCoder
Old 01-10-2009 , 21:18   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #113

Great plugin!

I have an issue thou, If I finish the No Mercy VS map and it changes to the Blood Harvest VS map it still says the server is in a state of "Game in finale" and will not let anybody else join.

Can this be addressed?
ProdigyXP
Old 01-11-2009 , 09:01   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoder View Post
Great plugin!

I have an issue thou, If I finish the No Mercy VS map and it changes to the Blood Harvest VS map it still says the server is in a state of "Game in finale" and will not let anybody else join.

Can this be addressed?
Sounds like you are using a lobby to connect? sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 1? If you are using a lobby, this is what I am talking about in my last several posts. It appears that there is currently no way around this.
Dionys
Old 01-12-2009 , 02:44   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoder View Post
Great plugin!
Can this be addressed?
thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyXP View Post
Sounds like you are using a lobby to connect? sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 1? If you are using a lobby, this is what I am talking about in my last several posts. It appears that there is currently no way around this.
2MrCoder
ProdigyXP the rights.
For a public server I advise to use in server.cfg
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
FrenchTart
Old 01-12-2009 , 10:53   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #116

Hi there. This plugin looks very interesting but I have a couple of questions about it.

(I've looked through the source and config files. Though I've no experience with coding for sourcemod, what's there is quite readable)

I currently run 4 servers with -fork. They all have their own config file server01.cfg, server02.cfg, etc and currently 2 run Vs mode and 2 co-op. Is there any way I can make this plugin run a different map cycle for each server and still use -fork? As far as I can see in the files this isn't possible but as I said, I've not done any coding with sourcemod...

Thanks for any help.
Dionys
Old 01-13-2009 , 03:53   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #117

The plug-in has own file of a configuration.
It is necessary under each server with a different mode to adjust a configuration.
FrenchTart
Old 01-13-2009 , 04:35   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #118

I'll re-check through the source and config files but I think there might be a bit of a language barrier here (no offence intended) as I'm not 100% sure what you meant in that post. When I looked yesterday it seemed as though all the servers running under -fork would be forced to have the same map rotation/config.

Thanks for taking the time to help though

edit: I've just read through it a bit more and realised that you're right. Thank you

Last edited by FrenchTart; 01-13-2009 at 04:55.
prizegotti
Old 01-18-2009 , 07:02   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #119

This plugin has stopped working, was working fine, have not change any settings on server as this was the last thing I installed. Has not been working for a couple of weeks. Server is now gone back to kicking all players at end of campaign.

Please help!
ProdigyXP
Old 01-18-2009 , 09:44   Re: [L4D] Force Mission Changer 1.03 (Force mapchanger)
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizegotti View Post
This plugin has stopped working, was working fine, have not change any settings on server as this was the last thing I installed. Has not been working for a couple of weeks. Server is now gone back to kicking all players at end of campaign.

Please help!
Something must have changed on your end, as this plugin contiues to work as usual on my server. Have you tried removing all contents of the plugin and reinstalling them?