12% 

[CS:GO] Server connection issues

Post New Thread Reply   

ShaN
Old 08-20-2012 , 09:53   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
add -ip 0.0.0.0 to start up command line I was having issues with this for days.. and this finally fixed it
i love u!i fix it wif ur method !
goof78
Old 08-20-2012 , 14:35   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #12

I also got connection issues.

I set up a server, and it went ok. I'm not a pro setting this up, so is 740 the build(and is there a newer?) or is it the game type?

The problem is, when i tries to connect, then the information after connect to the server is empty/brown(grey?), and it won't go in. It is in that box where you usually sees the map overview, and helpfull information, and a status bar.
ottobohn
Old 08-21-2012 , 20:39   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #13

I have the same problem with one of my servers showing a blank brown screen. It's 100% stock. I'll be watching this thread to overcome this.

Gaming with benefits.
www.n00bsalad.net
ottobohn
Old 08-21-2012 , 20:51   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof78 View Post
I also got connection issues.

I set up a server, and it went ok. I'm not a pro setting this up, so is 740 the build(and is there a newer?) or is it the game type?

The problem is, when i tries to connect, then the information after connect to the server is empty/brown(grey?), and it won't go in. It is in that box where you usually sees the map overview, and helpfull information, and a status bar.

I found the issue for the empty brown. In the commandline, you need to specify the map group

https://secure.branzone.com/knowledg...ap-Groups.html

Example: srcds.exe -game csgo -console -usercon +mapgroup mg_cs_office +map cs_office +ip 98.143.146.28 -maxplayers_override 32

If that map group isn't there, it'll fail for us.

V/R,

Otto

Gaming with benefits.
www.n00bsalad.net
coty9090
Old 08-21-2012 , 23:20   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottobohn View Post
I found the issue for the empty brown. In the commandline, you need to specify the map group

https://secure.branzone.com/knowledg...ap-Groups.html

Example: srcds.exe -game csgo -console -usercon +mapgroup mg_cs_office +map cs_office +ip 98.143.146.28 -maxplayers_override 32

If that map group isn't there, it'll fail for us.

V/R,

Otto
That empty brown also occurs if you're downloading a map (not sure about other files). It will say in your console that your downloading it.
ssphreak
Old 08-25-2012 , 11:51   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
add -ip 0.0.0.0 to start up command line I was having issues with this for days.. and this finally fixed it
Thanks for the tip - but where can i find the startup command line? - what file is that? - thanks alot man!!!
ltgenkd
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2012 , 13:22   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #17

Read this:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...icated_Servers

The commanline is in the section -- Starting the Server.
Copy and paste the one you want into a text editor and save as a .bat or .cmd in the same folder as
steamcmd. After you save it, double click it to start your server.
underclocked
Old 09-03-2012 , 18:50   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #18

I was having this same connection issue when hosting servers from the same IP I am playing on. The -ip 0.0.0.0 fixes the connection issue BUT when you do this people can no longer connect from their steam friends list - it tries to send them to -ip 0.0.0.0. If they connect through the game console OR the server list everything is fine though.

This was broken literally 10 days before game launch and I'm willing to bet it was done on purpose to sell more rental servers. Something like this doesn't just pop up out of nowhere, and there is no logical reason why setting the server IP in the command line to -ip 0.0.0.0 would fix the problem.

You can add/remove the line and notice the differences in local ip/udp in the console when you are connecting to the server.

Another thing I noticed is that without the -ip 0.0.0.0 added, if I am logged in to steam at ALL on the same network as the server, then nobody can connect. As soon as re-add it to command line people can connect with no problem(as long as they arent using the steams friend list "join game" command.

Nonsense on valves part.
WouterDS
Old 09-17-2012 , 12:00   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #19

I am having the exact same problem.
Everything is up to date and I'm running it on Linux Debian.

Somebody who wants to try joining this? 50.115.171.169:27015
I haven't got other pc's to test it myself.

Last edited by WouterDS; 09-17-2012 at 12:02.
Ravonus
Old 09-20-2012 , 18:30   Re: [CS:GO] Server connection issues
Reply With Quote #20

Same thing here... @underclocked he is having identical issues as me...

I even have a CS on a differnt box and same thing i must add 0.0.0.0 and no one can join from inviting friends..

Its very annoying!

I keep trying to see if i can fix it but nothing seems to work...

( Also i notice if I don't add it people can join just fine.... I just can't be in it first. Once someone from public joins I can then connect and play.. but if they leave and I am alone in the server it breaks again )

Has anyone made a ticket with Valve?

And wouterds I tried to join yours and got timed out.... don't know if its up or not

If anyone wants to test things out with me and try to figure this out add me on steam Ravonus.
Need help with Go Dedicated server/ Hosting your own server / or web hosting. - Check my csclan site out I am posting everything I learn from my servers up there. ( I have 2 Home servers up and running )
Forums : http://www.8bitcs.com/phpBB3/index.php
Csgo servers : 8bitcs.com:27015 - 27013

Last edited by Ravonus; 09-20-2012 at 18:32.