Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] More Killicons

Post New Thread Reply   

Plaffy46
Old 04-21-2014 , 12:19   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #11

Well, actually, this is why it needs testing. I'm really not sure about that mod_textures.txt.
I think I read something about "priority" of the content in the download folder somewhere in tf2 files, but I can't find it.

Anyway, does someone know how to "fix" that? Or, worst option, players should just get the client mod, before going on the server? And I don't think I'm allowed to "manually" copy mod_textures.txt to their custom folder when they join the server ^^''.

Thanks for pointing that though.

Edit: Maybe something related to sv_pure?

Last edited by Plaffy46; 04-21-2014 at 12:28.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-24-2014 , 06:54   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #12

Note: Scotland Shard does not "break". I mean, you can definitely detect it when it scores a "broken" kill, but the model doesn't show that it's broken (anymore).

Side note: This plugin is highly similar to the one I made for Advanced HLStats tracking to track different headshots, taunt-kills, etc. (my friend uses it on his server and he uses Neodements killicons instead of the weapon images).

The only difference is yours has WAY more tracking in it. I may just take this, remove the "weapon" stuff and keep the logclassname stuff, and make a new (private) Advanced HLStats Tracking plugin (because the one I made generates m_bBroken errors all day every day)
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-26-2014 , 11:54   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #13

Side note: I see your change log says you're on version 1.2, but the ZIP file and source code attached to the main post are still on 1.0

You may want to update that.
Plaffy46
Old 05-12-2014 , 06:01   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #14

Hey, sorry for the late reply.
So, yeah, I didn't know the existence of your plugin (and still can't find it using that AM search tool, maybe you didn't release it publicly?...). Also, thanks for pointing the scotland thingy, didn't know that one, and I'm gonna update the .zip in a few hours.

You're more than welcome to take this plugin and make a new one out of it. Actually, it was meant to be a really tiny part of a big plugin for "improving" TF2 experience (still working on it, btw).
Oh, and, that would be REALLY great if you find a way to fix that script client-side issue, if you can.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 05-18-2014 , 21:27   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaffy46 View Post
Hey, sorry for the late reply.
So, yeah, I didn't know the existence of your plugin (and still can't find it using that AM search tool, maybe you didn't release it publicly?...). Also, thanks for pointing the scotland thingy, didn't know that one, and I'm gonna update the .zip in a few hours.

You're more than welcome to take this plugin and make a new one out of it. Actually, it was meant to be a really tiny part of a big plugin for "improving" TF2 experience (still working on it, btw).
Oh, and, that would be REALLY great if you find a way to fix that script client-side issue, if you can.
Well you can still use the Scottish Handshake (Scotland Shard) kill icons for broken/unbroken. The game seems to be able to detect when the Handshake is technically "broken" even though it doesn't look broken.

As for my plugin, no, I haven't released mine publicly yet. And the ZIP file still hasn't been updated yet which means no wrangled sentry custom kill stuff yet
Plaffy46
Old 05-20-2014 , 18:22   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Well you can still use the Scottish Handshake (Scotland Shard) kill icons for broken/unbroken. The game seems to be able to detect when the Handshake is technically "broken" even though it doesn't look broken.

As for my plugin, no, I haven't released mine publicly yet. And the ZIP file still hasn't been updated yet which means no wrangled sentry custom kill stuff yet
Woops, I did something wrong. Here it is. Updated it to v1.02.
oplkill
Old 04-21-2018 , 17:00   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #17

Seems plugin is broken for now. Is there the way to fix it?
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-28-2018 , 15:11   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by oplkill View Post
Seems plugin is broken for now. Is there the way to fix it?
How exactly is it broken?

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 04-28-2018 at 15:11.
oplkill
Old 04-30-2018 , 09:46   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #19

It's just dont working
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2018 , 18:19   Re: [TF2] More Killicons
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oplkill View Post
It's just dont working
You're doing something wrong, probably. Generally, when people ask for help, they try to give more information, like whether there are any error logs.

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-30-2018 at 18:21.