Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

G-strafe/Double-duck in CS:GO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Beaverboys
Old 06-17-2015 , 04:31   G-strafe/Double-duck in CS:GO
Reply With Quote #1

For those unfamiliar, there existed a type of movement in CS 1.6 and probably other games know as "ground strafing" or "g-strafe." It was essentially a physics exploit where a player would bind their scroll wheel as their duck key, and use this to create very quick little ducks that would teleport the player a short distance (I believe 18 units) off the ground. Pressing ctrl to crouch while in the air after a scroll wheel duck was known as "double-duck." These techniques, often combined with bhopping, were used for many things, such as reducing speed loss after landing, performing "count-jumps", and juking other players.

Here is an example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6LiKTFyiec

I found out about three cvars (sv_timebetweenducks, sv_repeatedduckslowdown, and sv_timeconsideredfastduck) that may have something to do with the way CS:GO prevents this, but I'm not even sure if they have anything to do with it and they are "locked" cvars, and I don't really understand what that means.

I know that it is possible to replicate g-strafing in CS:GO, as it is shown here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Get4GR6KrqQ I'm not sure if this server did it using sourcemod or cvar changes, but it does not even force players to bind a special command to their scroll wheel, all that is necessary is "bind mwheelup +duck" or "bind mwheeldown +duck".

My question is, can I enable this feature with cvar changes, or do I have to write some code to replicate it? If I do have to write some code for this, what would be the best method?