12% 

[TF2] Player credits and rewards

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2009 , 15:41   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda View Post
quick request/inquiry could this, or does it have reserve slots for purchase, maybe a week long reserve slot for a configurable ammount of points.
Well the loyalty plugin does that exact thing and thats the only thing its used for so...you might consider that. But, im sure itwouldnt be hard to implement that into this either. That is kind of a cool feature.
Gachl
BANNED
Old 07-04-2009 , 15:43   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

Well, first of all, you can't buy anything with this plugin if you just dl and start it except for a stupid text that shows and you can beacon yourself for 5 seconds. With the buymenu.txt you can specify everything you can buy including an on/off command, the time until the off command is executed (so you can have things like 20secs invincibility or crits and stuff) and the price. But to buy crits you need a plugin that has a command you can use to give a player crits (I suggested RTD and FuncommandsX in the OP, they have both some funny things you may want to "buy").
The thing with timed reserved slot is that you first need a plugin that can handle admins and time, so you can say this person is admin and gets reserved slot flag for only one week...
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2009 , 15:46   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

The loyalty points plugin does that. (well I havnt tested if it actually works, but its supposed to)
Gachl
BANNED
Old 07-04-2009 , 15:47   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

Yes you said that already. I can copy the part of the loyalty plugin and put it in a plugin and bind it with a command so you can put it in the config of my plugin if you want to.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2009 , 15:48   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

Maybe a cvar to enable/disable that appearing in the menu to buy. Is that possible? Im not sure id personally want purchaseable reserve slots, as im sure others wouldnt either, but I can see how some might.
Gachl
BANNED
Old 07-04-2009 , 15:50   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

Huh? You've got a configuration file! You can simply add or remove the entry.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2009 , 15:50   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

Or that works.

Quote:
As far as I know you specify a database in the database configuration file of sourcemod and if you choose sqlite and a database name a new file with this name will be created. That should be it, you can change the db to use with the cvar sm_candy_database
Im having issues getting this to use sqlite. (I dont want all servers to be linked up with mysql, nor do I want to have to create a new mysql database for each of them).
Can you set it up to use sqllite if it fails mysql database check? Thats the problem I was having. I had thought it was using sqlite, but realized it was pointed to another plugins mysql database. As far as I can tell sqlite doesnt work. Im not sure what youre talking about specifying sqlite in sourcemod config...The plugins should handle that.

Last edited by retsam; 07-04-2009 at 16:06.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2009 , 16:00   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

I know the loyalty plugin does that, but I don't want two separate plugins to do the same, or similar things. I'm really happy so many "point based" plugins have come out in the last couple days, but I just wish there was "one plugin to rule them all" which I think this plugin is. I'll go look for a plugin that can add time based reserve slots with cvars. I love the fact that this runs off of cvars, because any plugin you add can be referenced.
Old 07-04-2009 , 16:03   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

Is there any way to get this to work on a listen server? I can't seem to get it to work properly
Gachl
BANNED
Old 07-04-2009 , 16:04   Re: [TF2] Player credits and rewards

Here it is, it's totally untested and not supported by me because it's mostly copypaste from Nightbox's Loyal Plugin so all credits belong to him.
To use it put a new entry in your buymenu.txt similar to this:

Code:
	"4"
	{
		"title"		"1 week reserved slot"
		"price"		"600"
		"oncmd"		"sm_addtimedreserved @ 604800"
		"offcmd"	""
		"time"		"0"
	}
	"5"
	{
		"title"		"2 weeks reserved slot"
		"price"		"1000"
		"oncmd"		"sm_addtimedreserved @ 1209600"
		"offcmd"	""
		"time"		"0"
	}
Instead of 4 and 5 as id use something that is not yet used.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (timedreservedslots.sp - 481 views - 3.3 KB)
Closed Thread