Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Post New Thread Reply   

Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 06-05-2012 , 13:21   Re: (story) 100fps vs 1000fps, the never ending question
Reply With Quote #11

srsly, you cant except gsps to host 4 servers on a quadcore, they wouldnt have any profit or even worse they would end up paying for your servers or if they wanted to have profit they would have to sell servers for like 4 times the price then ppl would just rage that they are expensive

Last edited by Zephyrus; 06-06-2012 at 11:22.
kileedyg
BANNED
Old 06-06-2012 , 07:50   Re: (story) 100fps vs 1000fps, the never ending question
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
srsly, you cant except gsps to host 4 servers on a quadcore, they wouldnt have any profit or even worse they would end up paying for your servers
EXACTLY!
Send a message via Skype™ to kileedyg
hleV
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2012 , 12:07   Re: (story) 100fps vs 1000fps, the never ending question
Reply With Quote #13

TL; DR.
Antoweif
Old 06-28-2012 , 22:30   Re: (story) 100fps vs 1000fps, the never ending question
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
TLDR;

NEVER use Task Priority "RealTime" for anything. It can/will cause OS instability
False. You can use realtime anytime you want. The difference is that if your process use 100% of the CPU, no resources will be left for the system and drivers.
To fix this you can tell the process to use specific cores instead of all of them.

Realtime will not cause instability and it will certainly not crash your system if used properly, but it will give your process first pick from the core(s) which is good. Good for HLDS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileedyg View Post
fully enough stable 500fps with ssd, people got extremely low ping and latency. ssd's are costly but worth, you can choose beetween buy a latest cpu like intel i7 3xxx series or just put server on old pentium 4 ht pair with ssd, compared both results pentium 4 win
False. The hard drive has nothing to with how a process performs, unless it requires read or write on the fly, which in that case would benefit greatly from a ram drive.
HLDS loads everything beforehand, and does not require a fast disk. It will only decrease loading times between map changes.
CPU is the only thing that matters for HLDS ...and the ram sticks, yes yes. Stop nagging already.

* Oh by the way. Hyper threading will not benefit HLDS (GoldSrc engine) at all. It will in fact ruin the performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
srsly, you cant except gsps to host 4 servers on a quadcore, they wouldnt have any profit or even worse they would end up paying for your servers or if they wanted to have profit they would have to sell servers for like 4 times the price then ppl would just rage that they are expensive
True. Todays price x3 (at minimum) is what they would charge for a premium server like that. Beginner to high-skilled wouldn't even notice a different I guess. However, players whom have put a great deal of detail, not effort and playtime, but time studying spray pattern, how and why they missed shots and so on would notice the difference very fast, because of how contant and predictable the game would be. No more random moments.

I will not put up a TL;DR summary. If you don't want to read, you belong to the "Leechers don't share or care" group

Last edited by Antoweif; 07-24-2012 at 09:35.
joropito
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2012 , 09:14   Re: (story) 100fps vs 1000fps, the never ending question
Reply With Quote #15

Over 100fps you screw friction because hlds internals calculates everything based on 100fps

You can run with higher fps but is not so important. Get a good conection and that's all.

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
Gam3ronE
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-13-2012 , 13:25   Re: (story) 100fps vs 1000fps, the never ending question
Reply With Quote #16

Antoweif you are my hero.
Antoweif
Old 07-15-2012 , 08:23   Re: 100fps vs 1000fps, the never ending question
Reply With Quote #17

Alright, updated my post. These facts are 100% stress tested and guaranteed to be correct. Enjoy.
vamppa
Old 07-09-2013 , 19:57   Re: 100fps vs 1000fps, the never ending question
Reply With Quote #18

you did remove your posts again?
bummer this was an good read with your original post in it mate.