Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

iPod oddity

Post New Thread Reply   

TheNewt
Donor
Old 11-13-2007 , 12:19   iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #1

If you own one, open it up in explorer, theres a hidden folder (so set up the explorer to show hidden folders, dur lol) called "iPod_Control" in here there are 4 other hidden folders called "Artwork" "Device" "iTunes" "Music", in music, mine has 50 folders called "F00" all the way to "F49", your music is contained in there using a 4 byte code. I think the iPod might scramble the music so that you can not easily recover the songs.
Tested it with one song being on the iPod. "F18" - VZXU.mp3 was what it sent my song to and titled it, and I removed and readded it, it is now residing in F42 as "KXJG.mp3"... FUN!
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-13-2007 , 13:46   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #2

Teh feck? I gotta try this.
Donor
Old 11-13-2007 , 15:01   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #3

Didn't work with the iPhone, it only shows photos cause it registers as a "Camera" to the system when you plug it in, but iTunes still recognizes it for what it is...
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 11-13-2007 , 15:51   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #4

how the ipod works is well documented
Donor
Old 11-13-2007 , 21:42   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #5

Yeah, it probably is, but do you think most iPod users will want to read through several pages of a booklet before using an mp3 device, is -as it turns out- very user friendly.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2007 , 07:40   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewt View Post
Yeah, it probably is, but do you think most iPod users will want to read through several pages of a booklet before using an mp3 device, is -as it turns out- very user friendly.
I think she means other people have already figured it out, not actual documentation provided by Apple. I could be wrong of course.
purple_pixie
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2007 , 08:27   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #7

That's what I assumed too.

If you're going to document that sort of thing, why not just make it understandable in the first place?
TheNewt
Donor
Old 11-14-2007 , 10:49   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #8

Er. Okay, WOW. I don't know why you assumed I was documenting this. I was merely pointing out something I found out while cleaning out my iPod's memory. If you are going to be dumb enough to think I tried to document it, and then complain that I wasn't clear enough to begin with then gtfo mah interwebz!
purple_pixie
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2007 , 10:52   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #9

Laughs.

I meant Apple documenting it :-D

As in "If they are going to bother documenting it, why didn't they just make it understandable instead of having to do so"
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 11-14-2007 , 11:47   Re: iPod oddity
Reply With Quote #10

Oh sweet Osaka, no.

What I meant is that 3rd parties have already figured out all of this, and that a quick google search for say, the linux on iPod site, will provide all of the information you found, and that you could ever possibly need.

Therefore, this post is redundant.