Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.

Post New Thread Reply   

StormishJustice
Old 07-08-2015 , 06:40   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
Valve will likely fix it. Just wait for someone to make a plugin that gives everyone golden frying pans and it will be nerfed.
There is also a command in neonheights servers which gives you a saxxy, it DOESN'T give everyone a saxxy but when it's dropped, it can be visible and equipped.

i also dunno how will this works on custom gamemodes like mann vs tank, TF2Ware and other gamemodes that uses TF2Items or TF2Attributes.

Luckily the items don't get dropped in BwR2 (Be with Robots 2) or MvM unless they don't have tf_logic_mann_vs_machine.

BTW, i heard there is an decorated animation attribute that is used with decorating weapons that allows you to inspect your weapon.

Unfortunely, the attribute won't work better with bonks, cleavers etc. (i think you know what i mean)
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2015 , 15:15   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #12

Yes it's a problem for my plugin MvT player can pickup dropped weapons by the payload giant and get the attrib I need to nerf it, my only problem is how I can get the previous owner
Old 07-12-2015 , 10:53   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormishJustice View Post
There is also a command in neonheights servers which gives you a saxxy, it DOESN'T give everyone a saxxy but when it's dropped, it can be visible and equipped.
That could be a modified version of this.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2015 , 14:48   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #14

Well even with this update weapon can make wep visible there was already a exploit for make weapons visible before by adding the flag fake client on the player and give the weapon after and remove the fake client flag

ps:I'm still interested for know the previous owner of a dropped weapon it's a real problem in MvT for payload giant

Last edited by Benoist3012; 07-13-2015 at 14:57.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2015 , 21:37   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
Well even with this update weapon can make wep visible there was already a exploit for make weapons visible before by adding the flag fake client on the player and give the weapon after and remove the fake client flag

ps:I'm still interested for know the previous owner of a dropped weapon it's a real problem in MvT for payload giant
m_iAccountID is probably related to the user's SteamID somehow.

You could capture the m_iAccountID on the weapon when it's created and check newly created tf_dropped_weapon entities for it.

Incidentally, TF2Items's OnGiveNamedWeapon (or at least its Post) seems to fire for picked up weapons. Which actually might be able to tell how how to generate weapons that are visible... not sure.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-13-2015 at 21:45.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2015 , 07:29   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #16

Thanks "m_iAccountID" maybe the number on the userdata folder in the steam account, I will take a look on
Old 07-14-2015 , 08:42   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Incidentally, TF2Items's OnGiveNamedWeapon (or at least its Post) seems to fire for picked up weapons. Which actually might be able to tell how how to generate weapons that are visible... not sure.
{Removed}{Say down} I discover it during my test with TF2bwr 5 month ago

Last edited by Benoist3012; 07-14-2015 at 16:59.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2015 , 09:44   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
Actually add the flag Fake client before give a weapons make it visible I discover during my test with TF2bwr 5 month ago
Maybe I should rephrase that... making it visible without having to result to hacks that bypass Valve's item protections.
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2015 , 16:27   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Maybe I should rephrase that... making it visible without having to result to hacks that bypass Valve's item protections.
Sorry I don't wanted to say we need to hack.

Edit: (message for everyone): 7 pepole added me on steam, and say why i'm trying to found a way to make weapons visible, I'm not trying that at all, so I will remove my message on how about make a wep visible.

Ps: Powerlord can you remove it too in your message thanks.

Last edited by Benoist3012; 07-14-2015 at 17:01.
Old 07-25-2015 , 10:43   Re: So valve has made access for everyone to grab weapons.
Reply With Quote #20

I'm gonna talk about something completely different here but is there no way from preventing a player to pick up a special weapon with overpowered attributes?