Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.7

Post New Thread Reply   

V1SoR
Old 01-06-2011 , 11:23   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #241

Hey [X]BetaAlpha,
First of all I would like to thank you for the non-profit work you do. You help the L4D1/2 communities to keep having fun in these games, even when they get bored of original modes of gameplay and even mutations. But I want to speak about the other side of the game.
I am a Confogl player. When I moved to the sequel, I found it much better, comparing to the original. Even though in the latest revisions of Confogl, a very big part of game content, like all T2 weapons, chainsaw, defibrillators, medkits etc. were completely removed, the game still remains unique, and has little in common with L4D1. Anyway, there is one thing I miss... A theoretical possibility of catching all four survivors at once. Of course, you can do that if the Boomer or the Spitter becomes the Tank, but you are never able to perform smth. like a 3+1 or a quad in this game.
I suppose you already know what am I pointing at. I wanted to ask you - is it possible, with the help of your mod, to allow spawning a Hunter, a Smoker, a Charger and a Jockey all at the same time? In other words, to disable the "obligatory" presence of a Boomer and/or a Spitter in a spawning combination. No other features of the mod are required.
I hope you will be able to help me. I am sure the cybersports community will appreciate your contribution. More than that, I am convinced that it will contribute in the community's further extending.
Once again, thank you for your work, and waiting for your reply!
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-06-2011 , 19:34   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #242

Hi V1SoR,

First of all thanks for the comments, they are appreciated - We are pretty much in the same mindset. With regards to your request, a couple of cvar tweaks may just be perfect for what you want - however this is assuming you want to disable spitter and boomer completely? There are two ways either set the following to 0 in your server config:

z_versus_boomer_limit
z_versus_spitter_limit

If these are set to 0, the plugin won't allow them to be used in the ghost selection (or the same happens if you set the following to 0 in the plugins config):

zcs_boomer_limit
zcs_spitter_limit

As you want players to be able to use the other infected (even if they selected it previously AND you don't want the change class feature working) then set this in the config:

zcs_allow_last_class 1
zcs_allow_class_switch 0
zcs_notify_class 0
zcs_notify_key 0

This might be all you need to do to get it the way you want. Hopefully it works perfectly for you - but if you find it doesn't work as intended just give me a shout. If you don't want bots in the way you may have to disable them (you can actually disable valve infected bots with a cvar I also put into the plugin "zcs_enable_vib")

Regards - XBetaAlpha

EDIT: Further reading, it may be the case you still want boomer and spitter at some points playable. Still, with a bit more tweaking this may be possible by one: reducing the ghost spawn time limit - z_ghost_delay_max/min (unfortunately this is global for all infected) but enabling cooldown in my plugin and raising the boomer and spitter cooldown times to higher values while having the other infected on smaller cooldown times could potentially make this work. This way there will be more priority for the other infected - this should give you more chance of having the group of infected you need at times in the game. (Assuming you play 4v4)

Last edited by [X]BetaAlpha; 01-07-2011 at 01:21.
terminator2k2
Old 01-31-2011 , 12:52   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #243

hi there, just wandering what needs to be altered to get specials to spawn every 10 seconds?

ive put the following in the server cfg

sm_cvar z_ghost_delay_max 10 // Default 30
sm_cvar z_ghost_delay_min 10 // Default 20
sm_cvar z_ghost_checkpoint_spawn_interval 0 // Default 30
sm_cvar z_ghost_finale_spawn_interval 10 // Default 20

but as soon as a special is killed the respawn time counter is around 3 seconds.......

any one?

cheers

chris
PwNaGe01
Old 02-03-2011 , 14:32   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #244

I was running this plugin with no issues on 1.3.4 I upgraded to 1.3.6 a couple of days ago and ever since it will not work when I assign admin flags in the cfg file, if its left to default (-1) it works fine
LaDyRain
Old 02-05-2011 , 17:55   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #245

Ok, I could use some serious help..I have went through these entire forums and tried everything that I saw. Here is the problem,

Just like some has posted, we are having issues with players getting charger after charger or boomer after boomer. Could some one who has fixed this issue in their server give me some recommended settings as to what the zcs cvars should be set at. We have the zcs_cooldown_enable at 1 but there is also default #'s as well as min/max under each catagory. Do these need to be changed as well or do we leave that alone?
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-07-2011 , 05:26   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #246

LaDyRain,

No the default with just use the servers configured timer before ghost spawn. To confirm, what is your zcs_allow_last_class set to? it should be 0. And with cooldown, do you play higher than 4v4 with limits more than 1? you using the default valve infected bots or infected bots plugin?

Last edited by [X]BetaAlpha; 02-07-2011 at 05:36.
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-07-2011 , 05:28   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #247

PwNaGe01,

I've been using 1.3.6 for some time and didn't notice it, but will check and update if necessary.
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-07-2011 , 05:30   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #248

terminator2k2,

It depends, the director actually shortens or lengthens the times automatically based on number of players in the game - this usually becomes more apparent when you only have 1-2 players on the infected team and no infected bots are in.

Regards - XBetaAlpha
PwNaGe01
Old 02-12-2011 , 14:51   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #249

Had to re-install my server which put it back to 1.3.4, and still having the same issue as before. Left to default it works fine however as soon as I assign admin flag "z" it wont work.

I dont think its an admin cfg issue as I dont have any issues with any other plugin
joshuakai
Old 02-15-2011 , 00:33   Re: [L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.4
Reply With Quote #250

I have big trouble!

I downloaded the 0.9.4 Ver , and I had put plugin and gamedata in the right place, cleaing the .cfg in the sourcemod folder.
However I had tried the cvar in the .cfg, this plugin didn't work
My version is 2.0.4.2