Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Kick players using VPN and warn them instead of system automatically banning them

Post New Thread Reply   

Lachaine
Old 01-04-2021 , 23:58   Kick players using VPN and warn them instead of system automatically banning them
Reply With Quote #1

Hello!

I do apologise in advance if I have done something wrong or not followed the correct format while making this post.

I am currently trying to find some sort of plug in for a TF2 server. Right now, when a player with a VPN joins, SourceSleuth automatically detects the VPN and then proceeds to ban said player for using a duplicate account. Even though this is great on paper, the reality is that around 3-10 or more people get banned everyday on the server from forgetting to turn off their VPN. Instead of having that, I’m looking for a plug-in where a player is kicked from the server if they are detected using a VPN and then given a message upon being disconnected (Ex: “Disconnected. Reason: Please Turn Off Your VPN!”). I’m not really a tech savvy guy but am eager to attempt to pick up and learn coding, plugins and such. Any idea where I could start or find someone or something to help me create this if it isn’t already a thing?

Again, I would like to apologise if I’ve come to the complete wrong place and have not followed the set posting guidelines.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2021 , 00:07   Re: Kick players using VPN and warn them instead of system automatically banning them
Reply With Quote #2

If you have something that already does everything you need except this one tiny change, it would probably be best to request the change from the original source of SourceSleuth (whatever that is).

You've posted in the AMX Mod X section which is used for Half-Life 1 games (not Source-based games). SourceMod is the AMX Mod X equivalent for Source-based games. The SourceMod section is below the AMX Mod X section on the main page. If "SourceSleuth" is a SourceMod plugin, you should post in the plugin's thread to request your feature.

Last edited by fysiks; 01-05-2021 at 00:07. Reason: changed wording just in case the thread gets moved so it won't be confusing
Lachaine
Old 01-05-2021 , 00:08   Re: Kick players using VPN and warn them instead of system automatically banning them
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you very much!