Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D2 Day/Night Survival Gamemode

Post New Thread Reply   

sinister93
Old 10-10-2010 , 14:54   L4D2 Day/Night Survival Gamemode
Reply With Quote #1

So i've always wanted to make this sort of mod for left 4 dead, but my lack of coding skills, a lack of an sdk, and a lack of a team really set me back. The survival mode really disappointed me and now i want to get a team together to make this mod.

Here is my idea. I want a dynamic gameplay, where it cycles through day and night. During the day the survivors must scout out and find ammo, guns, supplies, etc. The zombies will act similar to the zombies in campaign mode. But during the night, zombies will horde the survivors (like in survival mode) and the survivors must defend themselves. And the goal is to survive the longest.

Now there are only a few things setting me back from making this mod. Things such as a cycling day/night i have no idea how to come about. I also wanted to make a blockade feature where survivors could find (or start out with) a hammer and be able to gather wood and build barricades on doors and windows and zombies would be able to breakthrough them. I would need someone who could model a hammer and someone clever enough to implement this into the coding.

Now the biggest thing would be creating a new map for this type of gameplay. The standard campaigns are way too linear for what i have in mind. I was thinking of a map that is very dynamic, lots of paths the survivors can take. Really just a sandbox map in a way.

Please post any comments or feedback you have, and if you are interested in helping with this mod please let me know. I could set up a website and some voice communication server (like TS3/Mumble/Ventrilo) and even set up a svn server for the coders.

Last edited by sinister93; 10-10-2010 at 15:26.
ghosthunterfool
Old 10-11-2010 , 03:13   Re: L4D2 Day/Night Survival Gamemode
Reply With Quote #2

Shaky hollows? that project already been started... go youtube check out his latest update with combining of items as he made pins and bat to a bat with pins with more dmg!!!
ZombieHunterX
Old 10-11-2010 , 12:08   Re: L4D2 Day/Night Survival Gamemode
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthunterfool View Post
Shaky hollows? that project already been started... go youtube check out his latest update with combining of items as he made pins and bat to a bat with pins with more dmg!!!
link to video pls.
ghosthunterfool
Old 10-12-2010 , 05:49   Re: L4D2 Day/Night Survival Gamemode
Reply With Quote #4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1eYtCU3y5c <--- Melee customisation , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLFtn...eature=related time cycling , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNtyg...eature=related looting test
CR0NO
Old 02-01-2023 , 17:31   Re: L4D2 Day/Night Survival Gamemode
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthunterfool View Post
Do you share that script your using with the time cycling? I could really use it for my mod! Thanks

Last edited by CR0NO; 02-01-2023 at 17:31.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2023 , 18:19   Re: L4D2 Day/Night Survival Gamemode
Reply With Quote #6

Try https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2422359666