Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM

Post New Thread Reply   

Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2015 , 14:14   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #11

You can't put upgrades on the upgrades station GUI menu. That GUI is rendered client side, not server side. It's impossible to change that from the server.

The client buys upgrades from the GUI for each weapon, and the server merely verifies those upgrades that the client sends (to prevent stupid shit like crits on kill on minigun exploit). As for what shows up on the station yourself, your client displays that from its own files and doesn't ask the server for anything.

EDIT: With the gamerules entity you can set the custom upgrades station file but it is shitty and buggy to say the very least.

EDIT 2: This plugin looks like it needs to be rewritten from the ground up given the masses of errors everywhere.

Spoiler

Last edited by Potato Uno; 10-19-2015 at 14:15.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2015 , 15:29   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
You can't put upgrades on the upgrades station GUI menu. That GUI is rendered client side, not server side. It's impossible to change that from the server.

The client buys upgrades from the GUI for each weapon, and the server merely verifies those upgrades that the client sends (to prevent stupid shit like crits on kill on minigun exploit). As for what shows up on the station yourself, your client displays that from its own files and doesn't ask the server for anything.

EDIT: With the gamerules entity you can set the custom upgrades station file but it is shitty and buggy to say the very least.

EDIT 2: This plugin looks like it needs to be rewritten from the ground up given the masses of errors everywhere.

Spoiler
Technically, you can, but it's complicated and kind of restricted, and it's not something you can do via plugin, it's a manual thing

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
xkirby
Old 10-19-2015 , 20:18   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #13

Potato Uno, if you or someone else can rewrite it to function better, then by all means, go for it. I stopped playing TF2 and making SourceMod plugins, and I was never great at it in the first place.

Though I am curious what sort of errors you're talking about. If it's code cleanliness, that's just inevitable for someone who's only good at the basics, such as myself. Sorry I can't improve on it further.

However, if the plugin works, then at least I got it to that point again. Thanks for bearing with me at least. Also, sorry the normal MVM Station thing doesn't work 100%, I forgot the clients needed the file as well. Also, I forget where the file exactly belongs in the first place, so my instructions aren't exactly that helpful... That being said, just use custom MVM Menu I built into the plugin.
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2015 , 23:55   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Technically, you can, but it's complicated and kind of restricted, and it's not something you can do via plugin, it's a manual thing
It's not even worth it. You may as well use limited Sourcemod menus and also display a shitty overlay using the HUD overlay functions that looks somewhat like the vanilla station for visual purposes. That's the closest you can get without requiring clients to download or do anything.

Sigsegv and I both sadfaced when we realized that we can't use the GUI to display custom upgrades and had to resort to SM menus... oh well.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 10-19-2015 at 23:56.
zyox123cc
Old 09-17-2016 , 06:11   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #15

This plugin not work
but i find this
Attached Files
File Type: txt mvm_upgrades.txt (12.5 KB, 321 views)
xkirby
Old 07-10-2018 , 13:37   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #16

I updated the plugin, it should work a lot better for the most part. I'll be updating the OP with more information on what not to do with the plugin in a minute.
Old 12-02-2019 , 20:18   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #17

Recently picked up TF2 again and decided to fix most of the bugs this plugin had. I think it's safe to say most of the bugs this plugin had are pretty much gone now. Enjoy!

Version 1.2 changelog:
  • It no longer saves and loads stats between waves because of lag and other bugs. This couldn't be avoided, so the functions were commented out and removed from wherever they were called. (Don't bother adding them back in.)
  • Custom Upgrade plugins work properly if you have more than one plugin now, and they can have more than one attribute per plugin!
  • sm_chaosmvm_upgrades.txt had some of its long item list sections split into multiple sections to prevent bugs. There's an internal limit on how many items can exist in a single section, unfortunately.
  • Besides just the "Meteor Crash" plugin, there's now "Ullapool Caber Charges" and "Spellbook Support" plugins now!
  • Some forgotten weapons were added to the list. (Sydney Sleeper is busted now, so you're welcome.)
Old 01-21-2020 , 01:01   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #18

Thank you for updating this plugin. Our server has quite enjoyed using it.

I have a bug report, some suggestions, and a feature request, if possible.

Bug report: if a client buys and upgrade, suicides, and uses /reset, the plugin does not seem to revoke some upgrades they've selected. It's possible, for example, to reset the fire rate upgrade for the minigun while dead, respawn, and buy the upgrade again to stack the effects of the upgrade. I think the easiest way to fix this would be to prevent clients from using the /reset command while they're dead.

Suggestions: first, a function to announce this plugin's presence to users when they first join a team. This plugin has caused occasional confusion to new users since it disables the standard upgrade station.

I recommend adding a cvar that gives server operators the power to restrict where players can upgrade. Perhaps the Is Player in Spawn plugin could provide insight for how to make this plugin check if the player is at an upgrade station? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2196313 Better yet would be if this menu popped up automatically when the player enters the upgrade area.

There are a few upgrades that should be adjusted in your default configuration for the plugin. First, the fire rate upgrade for Miniguns. Due to how the game handles events like weapon firing intervals, the second fire rate upgrade does not work. Reference: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=524625616. This can be fixed by increasing the increase per point of this upgrade to 0.15 rather than 0.1. The game will still round the first four upgrades to a 10% increase per point and the second upgrade will work.

Sentry guns are limited in their max fire rate due to a similar issue. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=524625650 I suggest limiting the number of sentry fire rate upgrades to 2 for any applicable items.

There is a hard cap on the charge rate for Sniper rifles of 200%. Upgrading beyond that point provides no benefit. I suggest only allowing four points of this upgrade for standard rifles, and only three for the Sydney Sleeper, since it has a built-in 25% bonus for this attribute.

In the most recent version of the plugin, the Spy's sapper is upgraded in the Secondary weapon menu, not the Sapper/PDA category. It works well enough in the secondary upgrade sub-menu, so I'd suggest renaming the Sapper/PDA category to simply "PDA".

Final suggestion: is it possible to make certain sub-menus not show up if you're playing a certain class? No point in seeing the PDA upgrade menu when playing Scout, for example.

Request: is it possible/feasible to have more than one upgrade assigned to a single upgrade point? For example, have an upgrade that boosts fire rate and reload speed by 10% per point, or perhaps provide a substantial benefit with a small downside? Such a feature would greatly expand the scope of this plugin.

Thank you for your consideration and your work on this plugin. Sorry if this was too much of a wall of text; I've been using this plugin a lot and have had a lot of time to think of suggestions.

Last edited by Lamiiku; 01-21-2020 at 01:02.
xkirby
Old 04-20-2020 , 10:04   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #19

I haven't played TF2 in a long time, but I can see what I can do. Lemme go over your suggestions and reports and give you my honest response.

The Reset Bug: This was something that plagued the plugin for quite some time and I didn't realize it was because you could reset while you were dead. It should be an easy fix.

Announcing to Players: This is a good idea. I have no idea why I haven't done this yet.

Fire Rate Bug on Miniguns: Thanks for telling me that. I had no idea that was even a thing the game did, and honestly, that's really awkward. I can easily fix this.

Sniper Rifle Charge Rate Cap: I think I noticed this myself, but wasn't sure. Will adjust properly. Thanks again

Remove Menus per Class: I'd rather not solely for the fact that I'm using the menu index to determine which menu you open. Messing with this on a per-class basis will just make it more headache-inducing.

Multiple Stats on a single Upgrade: As much as I would like to do this naturally, I think the easiest way to do this would be through Custom Plugins. As it stands right now, I don't think it's reasonable for me to rewrite how I'm handling the entire plugin to add a feature this in-depth.
Old 07-01-2020 , 23:27   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
Reply With Quote #20

Thank you for the updates to this plugin and for considering my suggestions