Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Custom Coder Needed

Post New Thread Reply   

NGWMark
Old 05-28-2013 , 21:49   Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #1

I run a small TF2 server and need some donor-related plugins developed. I've never hired a custom coder before, so I'd appreciate it if someone could fill me in on the details such as typical price ranges and the like. Thanks!

Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 05-29-2013 , 01:07   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #2

It might help if you say what you want.
Old 05-29-2013 , 01:22   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #3

I had several ideas in mind, one of which was a donor plugin that would teleport players to a random location inside the skybox. Another one was to allow donors to declare themselves friendly, placing an effect on them and making them immune to damage. Another I had was sort of an extension of the free duels plugin, but it would make the two players dueling immune from damage unless it was from each other.

Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 05-29-2013 , 01:57   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #4

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=213205
Old 05-29-2013 , 03:59   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #5

My Friendly plugin (linked to in the previous post, yay) will facilitate the second idea. The third idea is actually supported by the Free Duels plugin; there is a cvar that you can enable that will set dueling players to be unable to harm or be harmed by anyone other than their opponent. The feature seems to have been added at your request, actually.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...36#post1939536

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-29-2013 at 05:28.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2013 , 10:08   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #6

Extreme niche plugins take a lot of time to develop. I have made dozens of these for my community and it is really not going to be worth anyone's time to do this for you. Your best bet is to use or modify some of the plugins that are publicly available here to get what will work best for you.

Teleporting people to the skybox and such requires taking the time to set up points for each map... I have done this. Its not that hard, but it is tedious.

Similarly, setting up safe zones to let players be immune in them also takes time, because you have to define them for each map.

I have seen a few friendly or spawn protection plugins floating around... Godmode until attack, spawn protection... Friendly mode.. Etc. have not used any of them myself however.

Last edited by friagram; 05-29-2013 at 10:10.
NGWMark
Old 05-29-2013 , 14:38   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks so much for showing me that, I don't know how I missed it. I've been looking for something exactly like that for a while now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post

NGWMark
Old 05-29-2013 , 14:44   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #8

I cannot seem to find the cvar you are referring to. I see several that allow you to be immune, but that's only with headshot only enabled? I am probably just missing something, so do you mind clarifying? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
My Friendly plugin (linked to in the previous post, yay) will facilitate the second idea. The third idea is actually supported by the Free Duels plugin; there is a cvar that you can enable that will set dueling players to be unable to harm or be harmed by anyone other than their opponent. The feature seems to have been added at your request, actually.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...36#post1939536

Last edited by NGWMark; 05-29-2013 at 14:44. Reason: Typo
NGWMark
Old 05-29-2013 , 14:49   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #9

I guess I should have clarified this: my server runs Mario Kart 24/7 so the skybox teleport locations would only have to be configured for one map. It seems the last two ideas have already been implemented in other plugins, so I'll just use those, but I'd really like to get the skybox teleporting setup. If you've already done something like this, would you mind sharing it with me? I could do without the safe zones as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Extreme niche plugins take a lot of time to develop. I have made dozens of these for my community and it is really not going to be worth anyone's time to do this for you. Your best bet is to use or modify some of the plugins that are publicly available here to get what will work best for you.

Teleporting people to the skybox and such requires taking the time to set up points for each map... I have done this. Its not that hard, but it is tedious.

Similarly, setting up safe zones to let players be immune in them also takes time, because you have to define them for each map.

I have seen a few friendly or spawn protection plugins floating around... Godmode until attack, spawn protection... Friendly mode.. Etc. have not used any of them myself however.

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2013 , 15:21   Re: Custom Coder Needed
Reply With Quote #10

duel_godmod 1
duel_godmod_flag "a"

Those are the cvars you want. Are they not functioning correctly?

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-29-2013 at 15:25.