Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

VSH Need help in regards to Hale knockback

Post New Thread Reply   

WhiteFalcon
Old 06-09-2020 , 09:40   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #11

Battalion backup applies "TFCond_DefenseBuffed". VSH checks during "OnTakeDamage" call if player has this condition, if true then the damage will be reduced by 70%.

Last edited by WhiteFalcon; 06-09-2020 at 09:45. Reason: numbers
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 10:44   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFalcon View Post
Battalion backup applies "TFCond_DefenseBuffed". VSH checks during "OnTakeDamage" call if player has this condition, if true then the damage will be reduced by 70%.
Is there a way of finding similar things for other modded weapons? Since no entry that mentioned Battalions or its definition index lead me to TFCond_DefenseBuffed
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 10:53   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #13

Another weird question I have is, how would I go about making specific weapons DEAL less knockback? for instance making sniper rifles have 0 or 0.1 knockback? since it seems I can only change knockback received when holding a certain weapon
WhiteFalcon
Old 06-09-2020 , 10:55   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatheria View Post
Is there a way of finding similar things for other modded weapons? Since no entry that mentioned Battalions or its definition index lead me to TFCond_DefenseBuffed
DefenseBuffed is a TFCond which get fired by specific weapons including Battalions, if you didn't found what you are looking for in attributes, chances are that they are handled outside TF2Items_GiveNamedItem.
for example, Scaling DamageForce by 9.0 and returning Plugin_Changed, will change knockback from the incoming damage taken for buffed player.

Last edited by WhiteFalcon; 06-09-2020 at 11:08.
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 11:06   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFalcon View Post
DefenseBuffed is a TFCond which get fired by specific weapons including Battalions, if you didn't found what you are looking for in attributes, chances are that they are handled outside TF2Items_GiveNamedItem.
for example, Scaling DamageForce by 0.3 and returning Plugin_Changed, will change knockback from the incoming damage taken for buffed player.
This helps a lot, thanks for this, I didn't stumble across the TFcond source previously
Heatheria
Old 06-09-2020 , 14:12   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #16

I'm still unsure as to how to make weapons DEAL less knockback to hale rather then changing how much the wearer receives, so if anyone knows how I might go about doing that i'd love to know
NoloZero01
Old 06-10-2020 , 15:26   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #17

As far as I am aware, there is no such attribute that directly decreases the amount of knockback the weapon does, as it's proportional to damage and amount of pellets fired(for hitscan).
epicwindow
Old 06-11-2020 , 13:45   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #18

i think theres "scattergun knockback mult" attribute and thats it,the only other way i know is totally removing knockback by code
Heatheria
Old 06-14-2020 , 09:14   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #19

Now i'm having compiling errors from morecolors.inc giving me error 147: new-style declarations are required
can anyone explain to me what this means? I've checked the lines where these errors appear and nothing seems out of the ordinary.
NoloZero01
Old 06-14-2020 , 11:17   Re: Need help in regards to Hale knockback
Reply With Quote #20

Not completely sure why that happens, but here's a solution that should most likely help.

Find a line at the very top
#include <morecolors>

Now find
#pragma newdecls required

Move the morecolors include to be above newdecls line. That way you allow the compiler to use old style syntax for that include. Though Im not sure why would it be old syntax. Make sure you use the latest version.