Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep up

Post New Thread Reply   

JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2015 , 06:59   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #11

i wonder why they stoped at 1.6 why there wasn't 1.7,1.8,1.9...etc they could update evry thing from graphics to game play...
Old 08-19-2015 , 07:05   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusTGo View Post
i wonder why they stoped at 1.6 why there wasn't 1.7,1.8,1.9...etc they could update evry thing from graphics to game play...
the game name is simply: Counter-Strike
there's no 1.6, 1.5 or 999.999; it's just people(or fans) call it Counter Strike 1.6 nothing else.
Old 08-19-2015 , 07:37   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
You clearly have no fucking idea how programs (namely, virtual machines) work. This is identical to someone ranting that .exe files don't run on linux or mac.

(What fysiks said about the engine differences is correct as well.)

And none of this is about money either... I have no idea how the hell you got that impression. They only ask $400 / month in donations, which is $5000 ($4800) a year if they manage to hit that limit, which is not that much money. $400 won't keep anyone's family afloat. The money is likely spent on VBulletin, possibly GitHub, hosting expenses for sourcemod.net and sourcemm.net and so on.
Hi, the money i was talking about was the Valve Software money. So to they win more money, was better to then develop a new engine source, than update the old one, HL1 to better.

And well, some .exe don't run at linux because it was compiled to windows, to its old funking well patched one old architecture x86 or x64.

And so, namely saying Metamod is virtual machine and Amx Mod X run on it? Like the old and good one JVM, where all that java bytecodes run elsewhere.

Then this Metamod don't run on Source, but only the Metamod: Source.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2015 , 07:46   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineKyo View Post
there's no 1.6, 1.5 or 999.999; it's just people(or fans) call it Counter Strike 1.6 nothing else.
there was 1.5 i guess they call it "WON".
Old 08-19-2015 , 07:50   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
The whole point of AMX Mod X being still maintained is because there are still quite a lot of server running it
True, but the clean ones are at CZ, when i entered at 1.6 for a long time without playing it, i got surprised with the amount of servers running illegal content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
because it's fun to code and break things!
Ok i get it, you are playing with func_breakable entities in order to make the whole map breakable and cause some mess. Waiting for the video.

@addons_zz, if you want to make stuff for cs:s, then you can use SourceMod. But if you want to go to CS:GO, you should destroy your computer and any equipment related to internet. Seriously, CS:GO is the most dangerous virus ever seen. It makes you lose time, money, life.. EVERYTHING!
Old 08-19-2015 , 09:40   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #16

Offtopic:
Its leaked that source 2 will be ported to CS:GO in the near future will sourcemod still work for CS:GO then or how does that work?

Pm me.

Check out my roulette site.
Send a message via Skype™ to ironskillz1
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2015 , 10:12   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
True, but the clean ones are at CZ, when i entered at 1.6 for a long time without playing it, i got surprised with the amount of servers running illegal content.

Ok i get it, you are playing with func_breakable entities in order to make the whole map breakable and cause some mess. Waiting for the video.

@addons_zz, if you want to make stuff for cs:s, then you can use SourceMod. But if you want to go to CS:GO, you should destroy your computer and any equipment related to internet. Seriously, CS:GO is the most dangerous virus ever seen. It makes you lose time, money, life.. EVERYTHING!
Hi Jhob94, thank for the advice. Hahahaha, virus.

Last edited by addons_zz; 08-19-2015 at 10:12.
AwesomeMan
Old 08-19-2015 , 10:35   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #18

Why doesn't amx mod x work with minecraft ???
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2015 , 10:38   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeMan View Post
Why doesn't amx mod x work with minecraft ???
Because it's completely different game.

aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2015 , 11:26   Re: What is the point in developing so much good stuff to Amx Mod X, if it can't keep
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineKyo View Post
idk wtf you're talking about but there are counter strike versions and sub-versions ranging from 1.0 to 1.6. There's been major changes in these versions such as weapons and bunnyhopping(you know how you can bhop in half life without velocity limit? you could do the same up to 1.4 if I remember well)

or did you know that de_jeep2k was an alpha vehicle test map? I played that map non stop as a kid, back in the days when opening a server with "new game" filled up in 10 minutes.

look here if you have nothing to do and want to learn some counter strike history
http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/...Strike_patches
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.

Last edited by aron9forever; 08-19-2015 at 11:28.