Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Multi-monitor task management

Post New Thread Reply   

slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2008 , 20:52   Multi-monitor task management
Reply With Quote #1

I have a feeling this type of function is not possible with current software/modifications but it's worth a shot to mention.

I am wondering if with two monitors setup as configured independently (ie: toolbar on one, nothing by default on other but extended wallpaper), while playing a game (like HL2/TF2/CS/etc...), I could also control the programs/applications in the other windows without minimizing my current game and maintaining full functionality of said application (of course no movement because cursor in other screen).

I inquire for serious help minus any unnecessary or otherwise uncalled for assaults/sarcasm/disrespect.

Thank you and your help is appreciated.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-18-2008 , 21:25   Re: Multi-monitor task management
Reply With Quote #2

I have this setting currently. When I try to use a program on my other monitor, it minimizes CZ (full screen mode).

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2008 , 22:25   Re: Multi-monitor task management
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
I have this setting currently. When I try to use a program on my other monitor, it minimizes CZ (full screen mode).
So you are affected by the same thing is what you are saying? That's exactly what I gathered. So can anyone help us both? I tried Ultramon and mmtaskbar but neither did what I want, almost like creating a virtually new start bar where the applications on one are unknowing of the ones on the other.

Kind of like a Virtual Start Bar with partial/full support similar to the regular start bar just on another screen.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
BAILOPAN
Old 03-19-2008 , 01:41   Re: Multi-monitor task management
Reply With Quote #4

I play all games windowed

http://www.tcwonline.org/~dvander/monitor_setup.jpg
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-19-2008 , 09:16   Re: Multi-monitor task management
Reply With Quote #5

Geek points for using Das Keyboard.

Last edited by Lee; 03-19-2008 at 09:20.