12% 

please help me

Post New Thread Reply   

chris2008
BANNED
Old 03-17-2008 , 00:51   please help me
Reply With Quote #1

i don't know what happened with my last post,anyways
-like i said,i wanna run a cstrike 1.6 server,but the problem is that i don't have a 2nd computer,
-but i do have 50mbps/50mbps connection,(btw,thats fiber connection,so i'm not s.... you)
-is it posible to run the server and play the game at the same time,
-i have a friend that has his own server with like 700kbps up and he runs a 14 player slots game/server same box,(no lag)
-and i think that with this much upload i can run at least one dedicated server 30 slots game/server same box,
-i need your help
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-17-2008 , 01:14   Re: please help me
Reply With Quote #2

Your last post was trashed cause this doesn't deal with AMXx... I will move this one since you are an idiot...

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2008 , 01:24   Re: please help me
Reply With Quote #3

Lol @ Yami.

On to business, yes you can run a server off the same box but one thing you need to consider is how good the computer ("box") you are trying to install on is. Give me/us the specs and I'll/We'll let you know how likely it is your server(s) would run and if you could play simultaneously.

Most important components: Processor, Memory, and Hard Drive with minor emphasis on having good NIC (but with a good processor, onboard NIC is fine).

I hope you don't have something like a Pentium S 100Mhz with 10mbps ethernet because boy that would be funny with that type of connection :-).

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
lIl_sAiNt
BANNED
Old 03-17-2008 , 07:35   Re: please help me
Reply With Quote #4

I think you can host 32 players and playing off the same computer if you have 2gb ram and even less then 50mbps upload,
-the speed (50mbps) is ridiculous high lol
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-17-2008 , 09:42   Re: please help me
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIl_sAiNt View Post
I think you can host 32 players and playing off the same computer if you have 2gb ram and even less then 50mbps upload,
-the speed (50mbps) is ridiculous high lol
You are forgetting about a good proc. They can have 4gb ram, that upload speed, and a 2.4ghz p4 and not be able to play and host on the same machine. This is where it gets most. They try to host and play on the same machine with a crummy configuration.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
lIl_sAiNt
BANNED
Old 03-17-2008 , 19:46   Re: please help me
Reply With Quote #6

Yeah you right,
-even with a good computer the clients will still lag,
-the problem is when you enter and leave the game,the CPU go's like 100% up in like 2sec.,
-and thats when the lag spikes go's of the roof,