Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work

Post New Thread Reply   

Wolfseye
Old 05-21-2014 , 00:58   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #11

Thank you, but I think you all didn't understand what I mean.

If you ban from within the Game, the URL entered in the Sourcebans.cfg is used, as one would expect. That is not the issue. But if you go to the Webpanel, and when there would be people on one of the Server and you would right click them with the mouse, you would see this menu that allows you to kick, ban, view players Profile or send a message to a player.

And if you use the kick and ban from there, the player would see the same disconnected message that he would see as if he was banned or kicked from an Admin that was ingame. But, with the difference that he is not seeing the URL used in the Sourcebans.cfg, but he sees the URL from where your Webpanel is really installed. I tried it several times, and there is no communication problem between my Gameserver and the Webserver. Its just that if you kick and ban someone from outside the Gameserver, aka the SB Webpanel, it wont show the URL you specified in the .cfg but rather takes it directly from the Webpanel. Its real URL.

This is something SB is responsible for, its not a fluke on my end. But without someone telling me exactly where this is preset, I dont know where to look. I probably am wrong to assume that this is set in the Sourcecode, but probably more somewhere in the PHP code of Sourcebans.

Thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate it. But you seem to think that there is a problem with my setup of Sourcebans, but that's not the case. Its just that Sourcebans isnt handling the kick/ban with a different URL, depending FROM WHERE you kick and ban someone. Its too bad noone knows what I would like to know.

Thanks anyways.

Wolfseye

P.S: I will check the PHP files after I am out of bed and see if within my limited knowledge I find a clue what needs to be altered in order to keep my original Webpanel URL from shown to players when they're banned or kicked through the Webpanel.

Last edited by Wolfseye; 05-21-2014 at 01:05.
Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfseye
Donski
Old 05-21-2014 , 01:16   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #12

I understand what you mean, trust me. I just can't contribute anything since it has always worked for me. When I first setup Sourcebans, I even forgot to update that URL, I only caught it when I banned someone and it said - "You are banned from this server. Go to example.com"

EDIT: I just realized you said this only happens when you ban from the webpanel. I dunno maybe it's really designed that way.

Last edited by Donski; 05-21-2014 at 01:18.
Wolfseye
Old 05-21-2014 , 01:28   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donski View Post
EDIT: I just realized you said this only happens when you ban from the webpanel. I dunno maybe it's really designed that way.
Yes, i am sorry if i wasn't specific enough but that's what I ment. And maybe that's somewhere in the PHP code. I hope at least. If I find something that could have to do with that, I will post it here. Maybe one of you has an idea and more PHP knowledge than I do.

Wolfseye
Donski
Old 05-21-2014 , 01:55   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #14

Found some instances in pages\admin.kickit.php

Code:
$kick = $r->sendCommand("kickid ".$match." \"You have been banned by this server, check http://" . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$requri." for more info.\"");
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$requri. returns the address where your Sourcebans is installed, I believe. That one might be responsible. There are 2 instances of the code, not sure if that includes the ban, haven't really checked further I have to go to sleep
Wolfseye
Old 05-21-2014 , 03:35   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #15

Thanks Donski,

but do you know for sure how I exactly change that, instead of pulling the original URL from where SB is installed on a Webserver, to replace it with a fix Weblink and and is it for sure the PHP code i have to change ?

Code:
$kick = $r->sendCommand("kickid ".$match." \"You have been banned by this server, check http://" . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$requri." for more info.\"");
Anyone with good PHP knowledge would be very welcome with that.

Thank you in advance. ;)

Wolfseye

P.S: Will try to edit the part I think it might be, and what Donski has posted, and see if that helps. I will report back.

Last edited by Wolfseye; 05-21-2014 at 03:57.
Rytis
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2014 , 04:06   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #16

Code:
$kick = $r->sendCommand("kickid ".$match." \"You have been banned by this server, check YOUR-URL-HERE for more info.\"");
Is it that what you mean?^^
Wolfseye
Old 05-21-2014 , 05:01   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #17

Yes, thanks to all of you. ;) Got it working finally now....

Thanks so much !

Cheers

Wolfseye
Donski
Old 05-21-2014 , 07:09   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #18

Glad you finally got what you're looking for
Wolfseye
Old 05-21-2014 , 07:35   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donski View Post
Glad you finally got what you're looking for
For sure there will be more things I will need help with, but for now I am quite happy with what I got. Thanks to all of you for any help. ;)

Cheers

Wolfseye
Wolfseye
Old 06-17-2014 , 02:24   Re: Website URL in Sourcebans.cfg dont work
Reply With Quote #20

Ok, just now I found out that it still works with the Banning from the Webpanel. It shows the URL i changed with the changes I did to the stuff I mentioned above. However, now that I for the first time tried to kick someone from the Server via the Webpanel, then it shows the original SBans URL again. But I only find that section below that has to do with kick. Why does it only count for the bans and not for the kicks ?

Does anyone know where to look for the Adress displayed for kicking people via Webpanel in the PHP ?
Any help is appreciated.

Wolfseye

P.S: Could it be Serverside instead of Webpanel side ? I found this in the sourcebans.sp

Code:
/**
new String:WebsiteAddress[128];
Do I maybe need to change that to a real Adress or is that even possible ? Since i dont know anything about this Programm language I would be greatful for any help. In the PHP I dont find any specific case where I can change something for kicking. Even if the functions are called "kick", the end is always ban as far as the PHP code shows. But since there is a different text for kicking, there must be also something.

Last edited by Wolfseye; 06-17-2014 at 02:37.