Post New Thread Reply   

KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-20-2006 , 16:06   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Logic
(see csdm.ini)
I believe You are talking about csdm.cfg (not csdm.ini).

Quote:
csdm_misc.sma
* added ammo refill mode customization (see csdm.ini); thus no more problems with item_mode detection
In my version in csdm_equip there is a check if csdm_add_items cvar is set to 1 to recognize itemmode enabled (remember - it may be changed also during the game from the menu, so reading cfg file doesn't guarante 100% it will work for You). My method is also not the best - there is a need to add some forward or some kind of inter plugins communication (I've been talking about that with BAILOPAN and with Faluco, but they are currently too much busy to work on CSDM right now).

Quote:
* support of flag "e" in remove_objectives param to strip map items (see csdm.ini)
I wanted it, too, but BAILOPAN said me he doesn' like the idea to include all these strip stuffs into misc plugin, because if someone will find the new kind of entities he wants to strip from the map, it would need to rewrite and recompile and release the new version of csdm_misc plugin. BAILOPAN would rather see the new plugin as csdm_strip (or whatever we will call it) which will remove all entities You list/define in csdm.cfg in some new section as [entity_strip] or something like that.
I would suggest You re-name Your version to 2.1f (You can change the version number in csdm.inc and recompile plugins).

BTW - can You check if in FFA enabled You can see still some warnings about TA/TK? Some user posted it as a bug, but I haven't had time to test it and I suggested him to switch of ATAC plugin (that one I know doesn't care about FFA, which is easy to solve - just need to check mp_freeforall cvar...).
xxdilbertxx
Old 12-21-2006 , 03:18   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #52

no shotgun shells in dead packs?

and FFA mode with ticketing needs a 1on1 or i guess i sould say some way of making it ffa and not team..
if one hole team gets killed the other team dosent get to finish out thire tickets the round ends
Simon Logic
Old 12-21-2006 , 06:44   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo
I believe You are talking about csdm.cfg (not csdm.ini).
Yeah, fixed the post. But according to its contents it should be an .ini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo
In my version in csdm_equip there is a check if csdm_add_items cvar is set to 1
Ok, i'll remember this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo
but BAILOPAN said me he doesn' like the idea to include all these strip stuffs into misc plugin, because if someone will find the new kind of entities he wants to strip from the map
What else entities he is talking about? Battery, HealthKit & LongJump was in HL since 1996. They are STANDARD except armoury_entity which i would not put into the code to strip off. Strange decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo
there is a need to add some forward or some kind of inter plugins communication
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo
I would suggest You re-name Your version to 2.1f
I thought you're making a parallel enchancements. Thus i emulated a branch from 2.1e. ;) Ok, i'll rename it if you allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo
BTW - can You check if in FFA enabled You can see still some warnings about TA/TK?
Actually i'm not an exprienced gamer in CS, i don't even know how these warnings look like. I was told that there is a voice/radio notification. There was nothing like this when i played with podbot. Just BUY message.

I'll try to get it clearer.

PS. I fixed couple of bad bugs in 2.1e.2 (there is a notification in the old post).

Last edited by Simon Logic; 12-21-2006 at 06:52.
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-21-2006 , 16:19   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Yeah, fixed the post. But according to its contents it should be an .ini.
I don't think it will be changed (because of the backward compatibility).

Quote:
What else entities he is talking about? Battery, HealthKit & LongJump was in HL since 1996. They are STANDARD except armoury_entity which i would not put into the code to strip off. Strange decision.
He is extremaly busy until end of this year. At the beginning of the new year he should have a bit more free time - then You can ask him Your-self about that.
Quote:
I thought you're making a parallel enchancements. Thus i emulated a branch from 2.1e. ;) Ok, i'll rename it if you allowed.
No - the only one thing I did since 2.1e it was making seaparate item mode and item editor plugins, because Faluco asked me about that. But because there is missing inter plugins communication, I didn't want to post that version because it was not good working without it. Another thing I'm currently busy on podbot mm with fixing problem of pickuping ammo by bots in item mode. Someone asked me about that...

About that FFA problem - I believe there might be a problem with missing tk_punish 0 written by the csdm_ffa plugin. If the user started the game with tk_punish 1, it may not work correctly in FFA mode... It needs to be fixed the same way as it's done with mp_friendlyfire.
Simon Logic
Old 12-22-2006 , 05:18   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo
Someone asked me about that...
Me?

I've looked into HLSDK about items. KWo, why don't you just hide items and make them non-solid or other way untouchable instead of removing them? Was it an optimization hint?

I tried to remove visual effect of falling down items. I did this with the next code, but read comments:
Code:
MakeEnt(item_id) {   ...     // NOTE: next code remove visual effect of falling items but an item     // can fall through the grate     if(!engfunc(EngFunc_DropToFloor, entid)) {         // item is dropped out of the level         engfunc(EngFunc_RemoveEntity, entid)         g_EntTable[entid] = -1         return 0     } }

See a screenshot to make things clearer. Stupid engine function Another way to fix it - make it invisible first. Then use tasks to emulate think function to detect an item is on the ground, then make it visible. But this can be CPU consuming. What you think?

And again a bounding boxe issue. See another screenshot. I think implementation of described above algrorithm becomes a must (we should set bounding boxes only when it's already on the ground).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	daq2hl_droptofloor.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	12734   Click image for larger version

Name:	itemmode_hang.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	12735  

Last edited by Simon Logic; 12-22-2006 at 05:21.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-22-2006 , 07:07   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
I've looked into HLSDK about items. KWo, why don't you just hide items and make them non-solid or other way untouchable instead of removing them? Was it an optimization hint?
buyzones, hostages, bombzones, rescue points etc - they are removed to have the round neverending. If You hide them only instead removing them, the round will finish every time the rund time expires.

Quote:
I tried to remove visual effect of falling down items.
(...)
See a screenshot to make things clearer. Stupid engine function Another way to fix it - make it invisible first. Then use tasks to emulate think function to detect an item is on the ground, then make it visible. But this can be CPU consuming. What you think?
Wait for Faluco for some comments to that. This is not a big issue (that falling down effect) for me so I don't care. But there is something more important (IMHO) thing to do which I don't have the time and the knowledge to solve it correctly. It's recreation of removed entities after disabling CSDM from menu. I mean - when You start CSDM - some entities are removed - because of the reason described above. Then - if You disable CSDM - these entities should be recreated. It means You should store some info about entities (DispatchSpawn function or whatever it is called) - then You should use that stored info while disabling CSDM (for recreating entities). You can ask Orangutanz for help with examples of code (I believe he is the only person, except - of-course - too much busy BAILOPAN) who can help with this. He is an "Entities Master".

Quote:
And again a bounding boxe issue. See another screenshot. I think implementation of described above algrorithm becomes a must (we should set bounding boxes only when it's already on the ground).
You mean the entity is above the ground instead exsctly on the ground? You should sign/mark at the picture the detail we should focus to see what You are talking about.

Last edited by KWo; 12-22-2006 at 07:11.
Simon Logic
Old 12-22-2006 , 07:21   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
buyzones, hostages, bombzones, rescue points etc
No, no, no... I was talking about healthkit, battery etc.

Quote:
This is not a big issue...
You know, my imho is that i hate those falling items As for your imho i think you should block dynamic disabling item mode or require/force a map restart. item_mode already takes too much memory.

Quote:
You mean the entity is above the ground instead exsctly on the ground?
Yes, of course. Bounding boxes set during item spawn blocks item to be falled on the ground. Very strange that this examples works properly in HLDM:
Code:
void CItem::Spawn( void )
{
	pev->movetype = MOVETYPE_TOSS;
	pev->solid = SOLID_TRIGGER;
	UTIL_SetOrigin( pev, pev->origin );
	UTIL_SetSize(pev, Vector(-16, -16, 0), Vector(16, 16, 16));
	SetTouch(ItemTouch);

if (DROP_TO_FLOOR(ENT(pev)) == 0)
	{
		ALERT(at_error, "Item %s fell out of level at %f,%f,%f", STRING( pev->classname ), pev->origin.x, pev->origin.y, pev->origin.z);
		UTIL_Remove( this );
		return;
	}
}
Simon Logic
Old 12-26-2006 , 04:31   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #58

I think, this is almost the last upgrade made by me, because i achieved my goal (except bugfixes).

What's new in 2.1f [2006-12-26]

csdm_itemmode.sma
* persisten items algorithm implemented (like it's done in original HLDM); items are not destoryed, but hidden; you can turn back by commenting _PERSISTENT_ITEMS macro definition and recompiling plugin
* due to above implementation there is no falling items effect
* due to above implementation fixed an issue when spawned items may hang in the air because of extended bounding boxes
* speed up inital falling speed of items as an attempt to hide visual effect of falling items (u can notify it if persisten items algorithm is turned off)
* item config files now support angle attribute: you can rotate items (it's backward compatible)
* use of native get/set user armor function instead of stock one (faster)
* weapon bounding boxes are a bit larger than bounding boxes of grenades & items
* fixed nosound issue on picking some items up (emit_sound was applied to picked up entity instead of player)
* health incremetation now obeys max_health entitiy value instead of constant value 100
* super death packs (when 'drop_packs' = 2 within csdm.cfg) now give armor & health according to 'battery & 'medkit' config values instead of hardcoded ones
* partial code cleanups

TODO:
* menu issue remained unchanged (actually i have no motivation yet to fix this)
* give player a helmet when it's using H.E.V. charger (?)

Known bugs:
* on each round restart you can still notify falling items during thier spawn; this is because engine restores somehow entities 'effects' attribute and makes them visible against programmer's will)

PS. Looks like nobody needs itemmode except me & KWo ;)

PPS. When http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...591#post419591 start to work i'll replace stock getWeaponByModel() by native cs_get_weapon_id().

PPPS. I tried to increase wepons model size by setting scale entvar to 125 (original ones are too tiny and look like kinder toys), but looks like it does not work. Try to search though valve's dev site.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 12-30-2006 at 13:15.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-26-2006 , 05:19   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #59

Nice Simon Logic.
Old 12-26-2006 , 12:15   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #60

arkshine, thanx!

.scale var implemented only on client side (Spirit should handle this, CS and HL does not). Thus i'll remove it. Also it shoud be 1.25 insted of 125

Today we made a first real LAN multiplayer test. We played 3 maps per 20 min each. ItemMode was working very good. No errors and assertion fails. But i gathered another mistakes not related to ItemMode.

1) after you been killed by a map's tank_entity (airstrike, centry gun etc.) a player is not respawned automatically
2) radio message "fire in the hole" should be blocked if FFA is active
3) very strange bullet damage; looks like any gun has the same bullet damage on shot (PS: we played for T team + one hidden bot on CS side to disable round stopping)

Last edited by Simon Logic; 12-27-2006 at 05:20.