Reply With Quote #361

Why are you asking me? Ask Valve
dacomb
Old 03-04-2010 , 13:52   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Why are you asking me? Ask Valve
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! wow man. thanks for the laugh!!

no fo realz yo.

I'm asking you because your plugin turns all bot teams to 1 and I can't stop it.

I'm asking you to give me a way to stop that behavior.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2010 , 16:24   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #363

You do remember YOU were the reason i added it in the first place.

When deploying anti-rage (aka reverse team order) sb_all_bot_team had to be 1 or else the round would end prematurely.

I suppose i could revert it once a number of Players is into the game, but ... theres a lot of plugins forcing sb_all_bot_team 1 and apart from Valves shitty hibernation code theres no reason for it to be 0.
dacomb
Old 03-04-2010 , 16:51   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
You do remember YOU were the reason i added it in the first place.

When deploying anti-rage (aka reverse team order) sb_all_bot_team had to be 1 or else the round would end prematurely.

I suppose i could revert it once a number of Players is into the game, but ... theres a lot of plugins forcing sb_all_bot_team 1 and apart from Valves shitty hibernation code theres no reason for it to be 0.

Hmm, I know you implemented it for the anti rage issue but I'm pretty sure that was for someone else. I've actually never used that command...

Anyway man, I'm not bitching at you. I'm thankful for your plugin since it kicks ass and you've been awesome supporting it...

I really don't understand enough about the finer points of Valve's changes and how that effects stuff and what not...

So what I hear you saying is that the all bot team 1 shouldn't cause the bots to rush out of the safe room under normal circumstances and so it really is something in the way Valve wrote the code for the last update that's causing the problem and simply setting it to 0 may not eliminate the issue?

Really what I was hoping to accomplish was to eliminate the all bot team thing to see if it did in fact solve the problem.

Sadly my host doesn't give me true console access to my server so I can't compile the source plugin on it or I would have made the change myself and tried it out.

Anyway, it's all good man. I can live with it... Hopefully The Passing DLC will include more fixes for stuff and we'll all see lots of shitty problems disappear.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2010 , 09:51   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacomb View Post
So what I hear you saying is that the all bot team 1 shouldn't cause the bots to rush out of the safe room under normal circumstances and so it really is something in the way Valve wrote the code for the last update that's causing the problem and simply setting it to 0 may not eliminate the issue?

Really what I was hoping to accomplish was to eliminate the all bot team thing to see if it did in fact solve the problem.

Sadly my host doesn't give me true console access to my server so I can't compile the source plugin on it or I would have made the change myself and tried it out.
sb_all_bot_team does cause the bots to run out of the saferoom NOW. This is because valve fixed a bug where they didn't play the game and progress through the level. On l4d1, with that cvar turned on, they did walk through the map and try to complete it. When l4d2 came out, for some reason, they didn't.

There is a thread with some ideas on getting the bots not to move out of the saferoom: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=120283

And someone was making it into a fully usable plugin. Probably in the New Plugins area. The final post in the thread linked above is my last version of a plugin that should fix it, but no one has given me feedback if it works or not and I've been unable to find time to play a full game of l4d2 to find out.

BTW, if your host doesn't give u full access, you should find another host.
pandamonium
Old 03-09-2010 , 13:48   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #366

lol no host it going to give you true console access. that requires you to login into the dedicated box itself via remote desktop. lol. but what you can do is you can install and dedicated server on you own machine and use the true console that way and make the changes and then edit the smx file cause it will give you the compiler.exe you needs and you can go from there or if i'm correct there should be a link or a web page here on sourcemod with a built in compiler and you just copy and paste the code.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2010 , 15:35   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #367

You can install the Sourcemod environment on every L4D2 client, and compile everything aswell as test most stuff locally.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-10-2010 , 12:52   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #368

Exactly what AtomicStryker said. And I thought he meant like the game console access, not remote access.
pandamonium
Old 03-10-2010 , 13:54   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #369

yea to see the true console view you would have to see it by connecting remote desktop, and no provider is going to give you that access unless you own your on dedicate box in a data center. lawlz.
ne0cha0s
Old 03-17-2010 , 23:00   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #370

for whatever reason, this mod isn't working in my server. it hasn't created a .cfg file and trying to use the commands in console doesn't work at all. it did create it's own section in the admin menu, but the commands don't work. any suggestions?