Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D2 update broke sourcemod?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-06-2013 , 13:11   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcx2 View Post
@psychonic - feel free to move this discussion to the new thread I just created for this topic.

My server is brand-spanking new, freshly downloaded because of SteamPipe (twice, actually, since I wanted linux symbols for sig scanning). I archived the old server wholesale so I could start from scratch. After SteamPipe finished, I ran the server once to ensure it launched, then shut the server down and added latest snapshots of MM 1.10 and SM 1.6.

All clients were upgraded through the Steam interface as usual. They still have pre-SteamPipe VPKs that modified game files (e.g. Rayman's All Mutations Unlocked, Private Game Enabler, etc) - could those be causing the issue? FYI, I know better than to muck around with Steam binaries, because I would never even risk triggering VAC.
It's also possible that Steam was just temporarily down at the time.

I only mentioned the other possibility as it seems to be a little more widespread in L4D(2) than in other games. If you have haven't mucked with steamclient.so or libsteam_api.so, it was probably just a temporary issue.

Regardless, the 1.4 branch won't be supported forever and it is vulnerable to certain types of admin-takeover attacks that fortunately are not very widespread.

Last edited by psychonic; 07-06-2013 at 13:13.