Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-23-2014 , 13:06   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky ducky View Post
I haven't tested it myself, but all that should need changing is attribute 424 ("clip size penalty HIDDEN") from 0.66 to 0.33 for it to only be able to load 2 shells at once I think.

Also, where would one set that if it were to be done completely in Prophunt's plugin? Previously I've just cheated by using TF2items own config to do weapon changes.
PropHunt Redux added the ability to manipulate items using prophunt_config.cfg.
Specifically, these keys will work:
  • "replace" - Replace an item with a different one. Generally you always want to do this for melee weapons instead of blocking them... and you may want to for primaries depending on which stock it is. Format is "classname;index;quality;level;attributes ". attributes is optional, the others are required. See Bonesaw for an example.
    • "replace_onlyclasses" - If present, restricts the replacement to just certain classes. See Reserve Shooter for an example. This is a bitfield, so add these values to get the number to put in here:
      • Scout: 1
      • Sniper: 2
      • Soldier: 4
      • Demoman: 8
      • Medic: 16
      • Heavy: 32
      • Pyro: 64
      • Spy: 128
      • Engineer: 256
  • "stripattribs" - Remove the standard attributes from an item. Just takes the value 0 or 1.
  • "addattribs" - Adds attributes to items. Attributes are done by numbers and their values are floats. I don't think the default prophunt_config.cfg has any of these. Format is "attribute;value;attribute;value"

However, I'm not sure what happens if you add the same attribute a second time. I assume it overrides the first value as you used to have to do this to get rid of built-in attributes. Then again, you can combine stripattribs and addattribs if you really wanted to redo everything, but it might mess up strange counters.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-23-2014 at 15:26.
unlucky ducky
Old 12-23-2014 , 15:22   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #442

Thanks a lot for the explanation of the attributes system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
However, I'm not sure what happens if you add the same attribute a second time. I assume it overrides the first value as you used to have to do this to get rid of built-in attributes. Then again, you can combine stripattribs and addattribs if you really wanted to redo everything, but it might mess up strange counters.
From my own experience you can just overwrite an old value with a new one.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-23-2014 , 15:30   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium GOD View Post
I tried the new shotgun on ph server (even flying and losing health is now broken). The fire speed is really fast. But it's hard to aim for a prop with it, when prop is really close to you. Normal damage I saw maximum 89, but when I crited, it was 180. It surely needs to be nerfed.
Maybe not the damage, as it is not hitting more than flare crit, but maybe the amount of max clips might be max 2, not 4. When u get to close to kill prop with 2 hits, you would kill it in same time with degreaser+flare. So thats why I thought of 2.
Forgot to mention, PropHunt lowers the damage of shotguns by 20%, so if you were going by standard damage outside of PH or without applying the weapon config file from the previous page...

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the explanation of the attributes system!
I just noticed I typoed the name of "replace_onlyclasses" I meant to go double check that in the file and failed to do so. Whoops.

Quote:
From my own experience you can just overwrite an old value with a new one.
Good to know.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-23-2014 at 15:31.
unlucky ducky
Old 12-24-2014 , 06:14   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #444

The Panic Attack seems like a really hard weapon to evaluate since it starts out as a really good weapon at full health, but as soon as you start shooting it rapidly becomes a shit weapon that you can barely do any reliable damage with. In other words, as soon as you start chasing someone you're going to want to rely less and less on your secondary as it won't be very effective.

That being said, 4 shells seems a bit too many for prophunt so for the time being I've decided to try going with 3 shells instead to see how it turns out.
Skippy
Old 01-01-2015 , 15:44   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #445

My server is having problems with getting the same prop every round that we play on a certain map. For example we are a mining shack every time for timbertown. How do I fix this?

Want a TF2 plugin? Feel free to pm me to discuss it.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-01-2015 , 15:45   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
My server is having problems with getting the same prop every round that we play on a certain map. For example we are a mining shack every time for timbertown. How do I fix this?
What SourceMod version are you running?

I ask because...

Quote:
If you are seeing all players appearing as a single prop, this is due to a change Valve made in the Random code that SourceMod relies on. Installing SourceMod 1.6.3 or newer should fix this.
Old 01-01-2015 , 15:48   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #447

Quote:
What SourceMod version are you running?

I ask because...
Thank you

Want a TF2 plugin? Feel free to pm me to discuss it.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-01-2015 , 17:44   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #448

OK, this spent way too much time in beta, but I've released PropHunt Redux 3.3.0. You can find it in the first post.

I'm also going to update the Install Guide to reflect 3.3.0's release. I've also fixed a few issues we've already.

I will note: You probably will want the latest PropHunt DataPack as the configuration has been updated to change the Panic Attack to have a 3 ammo clip instead of 4... and ships with a config file for ph_redquarters.

Edit: I also adjusted the Requirements to state that SourceMod 1.6.3 or newer is required. Missed that I hadn't done that before even though there's a warning about that at the top of the page.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-02-2015 at 14:19.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-02-2015 , 10:18   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #449

Quote:
OK, this spent way too much time in beta, but I've released PropHunt Redux 3.3.0. You can find it in the first post.

I'm also going to update the Install Guide to reflect 3.3.0's release. I've also fixed a few issues we've already.

I will note: You probably will want the latest PropHunt DataPack as the configuration has been updated to change the Panic Attack to have a 3 ammo clip instead of 4... and ships with a config file for ph_redquarters.
Ok, gonna have to point me to the ph_redquarters otherwise whats the point in shipping it with a config file for a map I can't get/use for it?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-02-2015 , 10:20   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
Ok, gonna have to point me to the ph_redquarters otherwise whats the point in shipping it with a config file for a map I can't get/use for it?
I was going to upload it, but I need to clear it with some people first.

Edit: Specifically, combatfetus, who I meant to send a message to a few days ago and forgot.

Edit 2: For reference, I've already gotten permission from Kibblre, the person who modded ph_headquarters to ph_redquarter.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-02-2015 at 14:43.