Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Downtime Over

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 01-24-2011 , 14:14   Re: Downtime Over

The drive crash could not have been avoided, because it happened. Speculating about this is pointless unless you want to write an alternate history novel. Until it happened, it wasn't a concern. It did happen, so now it is a concern.

What lesson aren't we learning? If you think there's a mistake in our goals of improving infrastructure, please let me know.

I'm not really sure what you're saying. You want me to disclose every detail of our financial information, so you can give us a precise donation goal? Sorry, but I'm not asking for armchair accountants here. What we need right now is to quickly rebuild our reserve cash pool so we can fix our infrastructure. We also need advice people who are very knowledgeable about running high-load webservers, because I don't know anything

If you have either of these things, I'm all ears right now.
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2011 , 14:49   Re: Downtime Over

I'm only saying that donation goal should be equal to monthly fees. i.e. 380$/mo. That is all.

And I'm also saying that if you state something, please provide a reliable evidence so we can trust you, you've said said you've payed much from your pocket yet no even approximate sum was named with very little indirect evidence. You've said that your donation goal was lower than monthly fees yet no sum was named too before I've asked for it. Reading this thread was like reading some tabloid article filled with people believing it and giving it some holy status.

Last edited by FaTony; 01-24-2011 at 14:56.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 01-24-2011 , 14:58   Re: Downtime Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTony View Post
I'm only saying that donation goal should be equal to monthly fees. i.e. 380$/mo. That is all.

And I'm also saying that if you state something, please provide a reliable evidence so we can trust you, you've said said you've payed much from your pocket yet no even approximate sum was named with very little indirect evidence. You've said that your donation goal was lower than monthly fees yet no sum was named too before I've asked for it. Reading this thread was like reading some tabloid article filled with people believing it and giving it some holy status.
Cool crusade, bro.
Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 01-24-2011 , 14:59   Re: Downtime Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTony

FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2011 , 15:02   Re: Downtime Over

Quote:
...and giving it some holy status.
Old 01-24-2011 , 15:07   Re: Downtime Over

Recognize the good so it can seem that you are being honest about the bad at least instead of to not be labeled as an ass licker being an ingrate motherfucker.
Old 01-24-2011 , 15:15   Re: Downtime Over

BAILOPAN is obviously untrustworthy. I hear SM builds are secretly full of malware and that he sells everyone's email address to a third-party.

Truth, bro.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 01-24-2011 , 15:21   Re: Downtime Over

@ FaTony

There isn't really a clearer way to say what BAILOPAN has already stated.

AM is quite transparent as is (which can be seen on the huge news post the details of the downtime and BAIL's subsequent posts in the thread).

If you don't trust AM, that's fine. If you cannot or do not want to donate, that's also fine and understandable. It is not expected of any specific individual person to donate. People still do. The fact that AM is as alive as it is a testament to how much users do care. You don't have to agree with them, but popular opinion says that you're being silly right now.

You're free to state your concerns in a cool, calm and collected way, but personal attacks and slander are just not welcome.

Last edited by psychonic; 01-24-2011 at 15:51.
BAILOPAN
Old 01-24-2011 , 15:36   Re: Downtime Over

Quote:
Why? We have other revenue sources - sometimes advertising, and always me. Donations are a piece of the equation, if our sole source of revenue was a precise match to our expenses, our cash on hand would be $0 on average, or negative in an emergency. Everything you are saying is utterly ridiculous.

Quote:
And I'm also saying that if you state something, please provide a reliable evidence so we can trust you [...] you've payed much from your pocket yet no even approximate sum was named with very little indirect evidence
I think you have bigger issues if your level of paranoia is this high. I'm not going to waste my time trying to find an "approximate sum" valuing the thousands of hours I've poured into this community over the past decade, nor the thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars over the same amount of time.

Who do you think we are? What do you think I am?
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2011 , 15:58   Re: Downtime Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
if our sole source of revenue was a precise match to our expenses, our cash on hand would be $0 on average, or negative in an emergency.
Proof?

Quote:
I think you have bigger issues if your level of paranoia is this high.
If you call living in Russia an issue... but that's completely different story.

Quote:
valuing the thousands of hours
Wow wow wow, no so fast. You are willingly donate your time. No legal contracts binding you to work on Sourcemod. So thousands of hours = $0.

Quote:
the thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars over the same amount of time.
Well, let's see: 7 years * ~180$/mo = 15120$. It's not that hard.