Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Sourcemod reserved slots

Post New Thread Reply   

lowheartrate
Old 04-30-2017 , 21:33   Sourcemod reserved slots
Reply With Quote #1

I am running a 5v5 community competitive server and it only has a maximum of 10 slots. I am trying to make it so when an administrator joins the server when there are 10 people on, it kicks a player with highest ping / minimum connection time to make room for that admin to join. I have tried to use the following cvars in cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg to make this happen but unfortunately all it does is save one spot for an admin and it causes the server to allow a maximum of a 5 vs 4 game.
Code:
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserve_slots 1
Old 05-03-2017 , 07:00   Re: Sourcemod reserved slots
Reply With Quote #2

the problem is you need 11 slots for this to work... you always need an empty slot so you can join... the plugin goes to work and decides who to get rid of to free up that slot again..
lowheartrate
Old 05-12-2017 , 14:40   Re: Sourcemod reserved slots
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
the problem is you need 11 slots for this to work... you always need an empty slot so you can join... the plugin goes to work and decides who to get rid of to free up that slot again..
I've just upgraded my server to 11 slot(s) and have the following cvars (regarding reserved slots) set in my cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg file:
Spoiler

The issue is I don't believe its working because as you can see in the .cfg file sm_hide_slots 1 is on and when I join the server and refresh the community server list it still appears to show 1/11 players instead of 1/10 as I figured it should be. I have not yet filled up the server but I'd imagine with this not working properly it's going to allow the server to be a 6v5