Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Killer info display 1.4.1 (health, weapon, distance, works for all games)

Post New Thread Reply   

Cain
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-24-2008 , 15:51   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #11

This looks great, I'll test it on my server tonight !!

Many thanks to the Author......

-- Cain
Cain
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-24-2008 , 22:25   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #12

Berni it works perfectly on my DOD:Source Server......

Many thanks !!!!

May I suggest some enhancements ??

Last edited by Cain; 08-25-2008 at 07:19.
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-24-2008 , 23:08   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #13

suggest

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
Cain
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-25-2008 , 07:20   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #14

First can you make an option so that we can try different text colors for the killer info text?? Green is very good, however many of the other plugins these days also use green text.

Next and this is big, I know.

Back in the day we had a plugin for Day of Defeat and CS called "statsme".

It was a fantastic plugin that offered all types of stuff, most of which has now been duplicated by various Sourcemod plugins with the exception of these things below.

Show attackers and victims including details of player death (hp/armor left, etc.). -- This was a list of everyone you managed to damage during your time to live, and everyone who hit you.

My hope is that your Killer info will be the player's default info, but if they wish they could enter some command and see additional info on their death, if they chose to do so.

There is a Metamod plugin that comes close to stateme, but it is buggy and crashes my servers ATM. But this link includes screen shots of what I'm describing.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...90&postcount=1

I realize this feature may perhaps require a completely new plugin, and since your current one works perfectly, I know if I were you I may be reluctant to mess with it any further.

I'd be happy to test whatever you come up with on my server, or to pop up a new test server, and give you the rcon password for it.

Take care,

- Cain
willy1234x1
Old 08-25-2008 , 07:22   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #15

Cain search up SoDstats for the statsme feature or N1G TF2 Stats they both have that feature.
Cain
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-25-2008 , 07:26   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #16

Thx Willy, I have used SOD stats and it is good, but the last time I used it, it did not have exactly what I wanted, and it also has more logging and internal stats than I currently need.

I am using PsychoStats, and I am interested in a plugin that connects to PS in-game for player rank, etc. SOD and N1G have their own separate ranking systems and database.

N1G apparently does not have the simple death stats I'm looking for, and when I was using SOD it did not either, however I know the SOD author intended to add it at some point.

Thx !!

Last edited by Cain; 08-25-2008 at 07:32.
willy1234x1
Old 08-25-2008 , 07:45   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #17

Currently there is no Orange Box compatible one that has all those features.
Cain
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-25-2008 , 12:08   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #18

This brings us back to my suggestions then, because his plugin definitely works for DODS OB. !!

violentcrimes
Old 11-13-2008 , 12:41   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #19

works for zombie panic source yay
Old 12-25-2008 , 13:10   Re: Killer info display (health, weapon, works for all games) v0.9
Reply With Quote #20

Excellent clean, simple plugin that works on all of my servers(hl2dm,hidden,dods,fof). My only issue is on FoF and it also has problems with adverts, the output gets printed double. It prints first in green, and then again in the normal chat color. Since it also happens with the adverts plugins(both Tsunamis and bugs) I'm sure it is directly tied to the mod. Any suggestions?