Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.3.0 (20201024)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-06-2018 , 13:24   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikka0w0 View Post
For transforming the syntax, the thing I did is to remove things like
ThatOneGuy's SourcePawn syntax converter works really well (VBA/VB6 in thread) and Peace-Maker's Python script that converts to new methodmaps.

Or look at Dragokas' batch converter which uses the above two.

Saves a lot of time and does nearly everything.
Old 07-06-2018 , 14:18   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
No mission.cache file in the main directory. I'll get you a screenshot in a second. Here's what I see:

I think there should be a "mission.cache" FOLDER in your "left4dead2" directory, otherwise the menu should be empty.
Your plugin is working now, without any problems.

The plugin (not ACS, but l4d2_mission_manager handles name localization) attempts to find the localized mission(campaign) name from "translations/missions.phrases.txt". If localized name can not be found, then the plugin will directly use the name of the mission which is the names you see on the menu. (which is also used by srcds to match servers)
In your case, "Questionable Ethics 1" is localized because I have already written it into "missions.phrases.txt". You can edit "missions.phrases.txt" and append localized names for 3-rd party maps. e.g.
PHP Code:
"yomimario2"
{
"en" "Yomi Mario 2"

Be aware that "yomimario2" is case-sensitive!

Since 3-rd party map VPK does not support multi-language, the display name of the VPK can be in any language, so the plugin does NOT automatically add them to "translations/missions.phrases.txt".

Last edited by rikka0w0; 07-06-2018 at 14:20.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2018 , 14:50   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #23

I see the mission.cache folder now. Was looking for a file initially, should have looked closer. So, regardless I should edit missions.phrases.txt in order to change how the missions appear in the menu?
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2018 , 18:28   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #24

Just got an auto error code 6 upon mapswitch... not sure what the cause is but I timed out while loading the next campaign.
rikka0w0
Old 07-06-2018 , 23:48   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Just got an auto error code 6 upon mapswitch... not sure what the cause is but I timed out while loading the next campaign.
Is the error code 6 shown on the server console? A screen shot / a segment of server console log helps me solve the problem improve the plugin

you can try "sm_lmm_list invalid" to see is there any invalid map on the server.
Old 07-07-2018 , 15:30   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #26

The plugin works great, congratulations for the work.
No need to edit the .sp file anymore and extraordinary.

But unfortunately it has a serious problem for me.

Why let the player be able to open a vote to exchange maps and campaigns in any part of the game. this is a big problem.

The correct would be only automatic voting always and only in the final maps of each campaign.

And if the player wants to change his vote, also only in final campaigns.
Not in any part of the campaign.

I also think I should not have the option to change the map, it should be only campaigns.

But it's an incredible job. congratulations

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 07-07-2018 at 15:54.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2018 , 19:54   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
The plugin works great, congratulations for the work.
No need to edit the .sp file anymore and extraordinary.

But unfortunately it has a serious problem for me.

Why let the player be able to open a vote to exchange maps and campaigns in any part of the game. this is a big problem.

The correct would be only automatic voting always and only in the final maps of each campaign.

And if the player wants to change his vote, also only in final campaigns.
Not in any part of the campaign.

I also think I should not have the option to change the map, it should be only campaigns.

But it's an incredible job. congratulations
Wanted to comment on this as well.

-Voting should be campaign finale or anytime voting but with cooldown (IE, call vote once a campaign so players actually go through it).
-There's no visibility for which campaign is winning in terms of votes. Should be able to see votes in the menu somewhere.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2018 , 20:25   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #28

I suggest adding/editing 3 commands:

acs_vote - Allow someone to start a vote on finale maps. Cool down can be determined via a cvar like "acs_vote_cooldown"
acs_votes - Allow someone to check the current campaign winner during finale maps as many times as they want. Can be enabled/disabled via a cvar like "acs_show_winner"
acs_forcevote - Allow admins to force-vote a campaign as the winner. Can be enabled/disabled via a cvar like "acs_admin_force"

As Mi.Cura and Mr. Man suggested, voting should only ever be on finales. And if players fail a map X times, even if it's not a finale, let the plugin automatically switch. Can be determined via cvars like "acs_max_failures" and "acs_auto_switch"
Old 07-07-2018 , 21:04   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #29

I use the version Version 1.2.3 of Krufftys Killers until today. https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=154. But I have to edit .sp.

And the vote only occurs only in the final maps, automatically, the vote can be reopened only to change your vote.

The Vote is only for the next Campaign in Coop mode. It should only be in the final maps.

Older commands continue to work fine:
!mapvote: Allows manual voting if the player wants to change his vote.
!mapvotes - Show the total votes.

Always on the final maps.

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 07-08-2018 at 10:37.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2018 , 03:31   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #30

One more thing - the server is suddenly switching campaigns all over the place; I was on a custom map and the server suddenly switched over to Dead Center without warning. Also a big problem with ChrisP's original plugin was the lack of campaign/survival map separation, meaning it's currently unclear if switching from campaign to survival maps what the next set of choices are.

So, the logic overall should be this

For campaigns: on finale map -> initiate map vote for mode -> coop/survival -> voting is in progress -> if nobody votes, the current gamemode stays and forces change to the next mission (defined in ?)
For survival: on round start, continue playing until the max # of times the map can fail as defined in .cfg -> initiate map vote for mode the round before failure -> coop/survival -> voting in progress ->if nobody votes, the current gamemode stays and the current map is restarted.

If you want campaign to flow, you can remove the vote mode and instead vote for a new map.

Last edited by Mr. Man; 07-08-2018 at 04:26.