Mitchell
~lick~
Old 09-12-2012 , 18:19   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki33hun View Post
Image please!
Lol wut?
This just checks to make sure the map's loading screen is in the download tables.
GreenShaDow
Old 09-12-2012 , 19:26   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #12

I too am having trouble with the blank loading screen. I tried this plugin but it did not make any change after multiple restarts and verifying that the files were on the redirect server. This is only for custom maps it does this and the game will never start.... do we need to create custom loading screens for each map for them to play?
PharaohsPaw
Old 09-13-2012 , 05:55   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #13

This probably isn't the problem. It is normal to see a blank loading screen the first time a connected client downloads the map (or the loading screen) - because they don't have the loading screen yet. However once the files have been downloaded you should see a "Continue" clicky and the short timer countdown appear (the one that takes you to the MOTD then team selection screen).

The next time that client joins your server (or someone else's) with that map running or being changed to, they should see the loading screen.

Of course, if there isn't a loading-(mapname).swf for that map, the server can't serve it.

BTW you can open up the "console" on the game client (~ key by default) and see whether the files were successfully downloaded from the server or HTTP redirect or not.

If I'm not mistaken you also have to have the files present (or symbolically linked, at least, if you're running an OS capable of such like Linux) in the gameserver tree too -- not just on the fastdl server -- although there's no need to copy/link the .bz2-compressed files into the gameserver tree.

If the server really is getting "stuck", and it's not just a matter of it being a slow fast download, then you probably need to investigate:

1) are your custom maps listed in the mapgroup the server is running? There's info about how to edit and create mapgroups in various places such as the Valve csgo_servers mailing list and probably right here on these forums. If your server changes to a map that is not listed in the +mapgroup the server is running, it basically goes paws up until you change the map to one that IS listed in the mapgroup.

2) server logs / console - I've seen probs with stringtables on custom maps, ended up adding "-stringtables" to the server command line and haven't seen probs with well-authored custom maps loading/starting properly since. It allows/forces the server to build stringtables for each map load.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2012 , 15:30   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #14

Is there anything that can be used for "all" custom maps to simply let people know that a custom map is downloading and to be patient?
Eswin17
Old 10-30-2012 , 19:05   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #15

Do these have to be compressed as .bz2 on the FastDL server, or can you upload them as-is?

.swf, .dds, etc.

Last edited by Eswin17; 10-30-2012 at 19:06.
SuperLOL
Old 10-31-2012 , 00:27   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #16

This works on CSS and CSGO make a new file and name it "the_map_name.res" and then add this to the file:
Code:

"resources"
{
"maps\map_name.kv" "file"
"maps\map_name.txt" "file"
"resource\flash\loading-map_name.swf" "file"
"resource\overviews\map_name.txt" "file"
"resource\overviews\map_name.dds" "file"
}

Last edited by SuperLOL; 10-31-2012 at 00:38.
Apollyon
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-01-2012 , 01:06   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eswin17 View Post
Do these have to be compressed as .bz2 on the FastDL server, or can you upload them as-is?

.swf, .dds, etc.
They can be uploaded as-is with no issues. That's how I'm doing mine.
Old 12-20-2012 , 06:23   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #18

It's better to use bz2 though.

I've been using this plugin since release, although I think an improvement is to check that the files exist on the server before adding them to the download table. That speeds up the loading process for clients on map changes since they don't have to constantly attempt to download nonexistant radar and loading screen files.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (loadingscreen_radar_downloader.sp - 987 views - 1.8 KB)
Old 12-20-2012 , 08:56   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #19

does it work for any game ? if not, reset your plugin game.
oct4n3cr4sh
Old 02-18-2013 , 15:52   Re: [CS:GO] Radar and loading screen downloader
Reply With Quote #20

just loaded on CSGO and found a slight issue.

Works great the first time you connect, downloads the radar and and flash no problem. radar shows up right away, after map change flash shows up. no problems with that.

but my issue is the files dont stay on the client side. if i disconnect from server i have to re download again. any thoughts?

and i know fastdl is working properly, i dont have to re download the map again.